SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Off-Topic > General Discussion

Old 12-10-2018   #1
MK.exe
The one and only!

Default Sonic the Hedgehog Movie

So we got our first look at Sonic in his movie and honestly in my opinion, looks terrible. I'd Love to hear your guys thoughts.

Image of said poster is here > https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1072115857512390656
MK.exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018   #2
Rapidgame7
Rookie modder

Spoiler: The whole poster

I'd rather have the gag IRL Sonic from Boom be the star. This "real" Sonic is spooky.

I fear what the movie has in mind for the rest of the Möbius cast
Old 12-10-2018   #3
RomioTheBadass
PK3 Fetishist

lmao this looks like some stupid Usain Bolt Sonic joke, I can't believe this thing is legit.
Old 12-11-2018   #4
Elyos03

*God has left the server*
Old 12-11-2018   #5
ThatDamnCatgirl

Cheers to a dumpster fire and the sliver of respect that the Mania team created for Sonic being lost by Paramount.

that was total sarcasm. I'm disgusted by this design.
UltraEpicWeeb100 8:56 PM
"If you squint hard enough there's MEME in TEAM"
ThatDamnCatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018   #6
Fres
oof

Not gonna lie I laughed way harder than I should have seeing that fucking poster

Hoooo boy this movie's gonna BOMB
Fres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018   #7
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

Apparently they saw all the meme Sanic art and decided that was exactly what the franchise really needed.

This is hysterical at the very least.
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018   #8
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

I'm not even impressed by how awful this looks. My expectations were already so low that I'm completely numb to this reveal.

But uh:
Quote:
A WHOLE NEW SPEED OF HERO
What does that even mean

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018   #9
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltBW View Post
What does that even mean
It means the people making this movie couldn't come up with anything better as a tagline for it. =P

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record. Also, it's pronounced "Yes-tin".
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018   #10
Raze C
cezar

Yeah, I also had low expectations on it, but I wasn't expecting it to be... Uh, that much realistic and terrifying, I was expecting something a little bit better, like the fanmade movie
Let's just hope it won't get worse when an official trailer gets released
Raze C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018   #11
Goldenhog
Wandering Protagonist

I wish I could have been a fly in the meeting room where they decided this was a good idea.

There's no way you could convince me that they looked at this and said "yeah this looks fine, nobody is going to mock us for this" so what the H E C K
Goldenhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018   #12
Zwip-Zwap Zapony
Please just call me Zappy.

I've had a day or so to think about this now, and... Based on what I can see, it looks less like Sonic the Hedgehog than it looks like a sneakers(?)-wearing monkey with a "Sonic's head"-esque head, in my opinion.
I don't know whether I want to actually see that Sonic in a well-lit setting ("it can't be that bad") or not ("but what if it is that bad?"), but in either case, I'm not happy about it. (Not sad, but definitely not happy either.)

So, like... Sonic the Hedgehog's arms and legs have basically always(?) been about as wide as his fingers, and just smooth "noodles". This movie character's arms and legs are about as wide as his hands and feet instead of his fingers, and the arms are clearly arm-shaped while the legs are clearly leg-shaped rather than being smooth "noodles". I don't like that. (I also don't like that the arms appear to be blue... but Sonic Boom's Sonic the Hedgehog already has that design thing, so I can't quite "blame" this movie's design-makers for being the first to do that specific thing.)

Last edited by Zwip-Zwap Zapony; 12-11-2018 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Fixed there being 4 empty lines in a row instead of 2
Zwip-Zwap Zapony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018   #13
Twins'R'Awesome

A bit late on this, but when it was announced it was going to be live-action, I knew that Sonic would be bastardized in some way or fashion similar to how other beloved cartoon characters were portrayed in such movies.

But, this is, by far, the worst redesign I have ever seen. No joke.

It went through concept art, the design was greenlit, It went through numerous drafts and revisions, they wanted it to stick with the general audience, people had to painstakingly ANIMATE this shit.

After witnessing the general negative reactions going around on twitter and discord, I can safely say that I am both in shock and amusement.

Also, from witnessing the reactions, I'm entirely convinced that there's no way this movie can go other than southward. A broken train speeding along its railway until it hits the wall first, and then the resulting debris scattering all around the car dumpster and having it explode gmod style.

I'm expecting this movie to be so ungodly bad that its hilarious to see it in action just from the design alone. Never mind the story, the characters, and the setting, this design alone is what will make the movie nothing but bad, yet hysterical to look at.

With all that said:

Thank you, Paramount, I hate it :V
Old 12-12-2018   #14
rocklight124
live and learn

I wish. I could wash my eye balls and my brain, because WHAT THE FUGDE WAS THAT. Sorry about the language. I mean what where they thinking. Wait oh yeah they weren't, because if they were somebody would have said "no this is going to inspire nightmares in kids and grown men of all ages".
Old 12-12-2018   #15
Rapidgame7
Rookie modder

Weird seeing nobody posted the second poster, so I might as well provide it for your entertainment:

(Click image itself for source)

Last edited by Rapidgame7; 12-12-2018 at 05:09 PM. Reason: tpyo
Rapidgame7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018   #16
rocklight124
live and learn

WHAT THE FORK IS THAT!!!

You know he looks like beast from X-men, except much more on the creepy side *shivers*.
Old 12-13-2018   #17
Lach
nanananananananananananan a

Honestly it'd probably be fine if his proportions didn't look quite so human. The legs in that leaked poster are eerily manly.
Lach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018   #18
JEV3
There and back again~
Developer

I saw an article complaining about the fur in the first poster. I didn't mind the fact that he had fur (it looked fine on Werehog, regardless of who liked him). The muscles were weird though. And the part that creeped me out the most were the hands. Put some gloves on those things!

But after seeing the second poster, now I am ready to complain about the fur.

So I guess this movie is setting out to compete with the original Mario live-action movie...

~The Greatest Adventure: Ballad of the Hobbit
JEV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018   #19
Steelie
feeling rather Iffy lately

I knew it's going to be dumpster fire the moment I've heard it's live-action, but this is hysterical.
Old 12-19-2018   #20
rocklight124
live and learn

Second Glance. OH MY FORK. Don't look at it to fast it just might knock you out.