Pope Knuckles???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkz

Advanced FOFing Concepts
What's this lil' guy doing on my map?

eQxvF.png

I've found no object placed from which he could manifest.
He shows up on the blue tile I have circled here...

kTClF.png

Last edited:
OK. Now I know what he is what he does but what is he doing on a map that I made? Do I need to check my MAINCONFIG?

EDIT: I checked the config... There's nothing there.

Last edited:
I don't think that helped him at all!

A similar bug would happen in 1.09.4 if the map shared the same slot as CEZ2. All you can really do is to move the entire map 192 fracunits east and hide him inside a wall.

That's just silly. Why wouldn't he be made to function through the config. Hardwired into a highly adaptable engine where one must fiddle with map coordinates or map numbers doesn't make any sence... Some of us are rediculiously fickle about how our games and maps are organized. I'm one of these people and niether of the compramises are ideal for my porposes:/

I use wide open spaces in my maps (hiding him will be a chore) and moving the map around will tamper with my editing interface. Changing map numbers sounds just insane to me as I have grown to asociate the maps with their numbers. I'm also an atheist. having him around just bothers me:p

EDIT: The perfect solution... If Pope Knuckles is hardwired to rest on the floor, I'll drop the floor & FOF the running space:D I'm not going to hide him. I'm going to bury him.

FOFs to the rescue!!!

Last edited:
He's probably there to tell you of the love of Jesus and teach you that your evil mapping ways are wrong. And maybe he wishes to castrate you so you can sing in the choir for eternity.

Charming sentiment but I doubt it. (there's nothing evil about my maps:p

New developement; Pope Knuckles makes his appierance when I test the map but when I play through preceding levels and actually reach the zone, he's not there.

What's up with that?

Testing from DB2 gives you all the emeralds so he'll appear? Your guess is as good as mine.

Testing from DB2 gives you all the emeralds so he'll appear? Your guess is as good as mine.

That can't be it. Firstly, While I'm playing though, it's still through Doom Builder. Secondly, had the game played like I have all emeralds, I would have seen Sonic go super dozens of times already.

Eather way, I have my solution & this inquiry is no longer an issue.

New developement; Pope Knuckles makes his appierance when I test the map but when I play through preceding levels and actually reach the zone, he's not there.

What's up with that?

My guess is maybe that testing the map via SRB2DB2 might somehow not trigger the modified game check for some reason? Otherwise I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back