scr_The Emerald Isles (Updated July 23-Final 1.09.4 version)

How are these levels?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kuja said:
1)All right, I suppose I should. It's hard to judge my own stages' difficulty, so if you have any places in particular that could really use them, I'd like to hear them.(I was afraid of making this too easy on you X_X)

2)Hmm. It was probably the last zone, wasn't it? Not sure how to improve here, as I'm not sure which ones you say are particularly painful to get by.

6)Heh. I can honestly admit that the structure is bland and boring. Since I find that hitting capsules is rather generic in itself, I decided that I may as well make up for it by having you exit the level yourself and find where you will be led next.

8)Yeah, I guess I should try to make it painfully obvious. Maybe if I added in a few signs, you would get less confused? Blatantly obvious arrows ftw.

Thanks to everyone for the heads up on most of these things. Do you see why this is in editing? D: As you can see, I'm still trying to figure out what makes the perfect SRB2 stage.

1) Uh... Your levels are REALLY big and theres a lot of them. Picking out each lap-marker that needs an activator secor would be hard. The rule of thum (for me, anyway) is that if you're scrambling for your life, you won't be able to hit the lap marker, and you won't be able to double back on yourself. In other words, think of the area prior to it and how the player is approuching the check-point.

2) I hardly played the Sand Zone, seeing how I allready had a feel for your level desighning, and it was giving me lots of game-overs. >.<

6) Uh... Kuja, it was the battle, not the transition. The fighting was fail, everything else is only for show. You might try SOCing instead of purly level desighn to make it interesting.

8) Well, I can't help you here very specifically. If you f12'd me you'd see what was going on, and then that might be able to give you the info you need.

About the editting thing, I know that this is a WIP, but it's also very enjoyable and has a solid amount of content.

1)Make the activator sectors larger? Got it.

6)SOCing scares the hell out of me. I just barely managed to SOC the boss to not move. :/ SOCing is best left to the pros.

All right. I suppose I'll get someone to move it.

In regards to the whole boss levels thing, the concept of a door is seriously uber-kewl. It's just a horrid execution. The boss maps just generally suck, and the doors themselves kinda stick out and generally don't look apropriate.

In regards to getting lost, it probably happens the most where two routes meet. Try checking around there for confusing spots.

Kuja said:
Yes, I try to do my best to design these levels with a bit of variety. Heck, I thought you people liked platforming. If I knew you would have rather just run forward all day, I would have made them a lot...flatter.
Erm, I like jumps. I just like it if the jumps are a bit more encorporated into the landscape. I mean, the maps play fine and all, but I just don't consider them graphically pleasing. I'm probably just too big a stickler for levels that look pretty, so I'm not exactly bias-free, but...

Well, another 3 months have gone by, and I've managed to update a few things. Because I have a massive headache right now, I'll just go into more detail later. New things include:

A new starting zone
Unlockables and whatnot
Hidden Special stages
Fixes and retooling of existing stages
and other small stuff.

...What's that? Yes, I KNOW the generic bosses are tiring. YES, I also know that Rush Canyon still exists. I just need to find a hole big enough to bury it in.

All PMS rants, hate mail, death threats, etc. may be directed here..

Going to go lay down now. Will update the screenshots later :\

*Product may contain slight traces of cloned maps.

Okay. This is the best I've seen in a long time.

The only thing I dislike is the canyon Zone. It just sucks.

Chaos said:

OMG. I just said I'll take care of it(eventually). It will probably be replaced the next time I update the levels. IF theres even a next time.

Everytime someone brings up Rush Canyon or the bosses, I will find the nearest living animal, and KILL IT.

Chaos is right on this occasion. The canyon level wern't that great. But the mod itself is a very nice piece of work.

"Right on this occason"? :(

Try remaking the entire canyon Zone from scratch. Base it off of another Zone. Try making it like Act 2 of the first Zone. At the parts where it get's all complex.

This is a relly good mod. But one error I found was in Emerld Isles act 2 theres this strip of blue in this wall in one part.

Chaos said:
"Right on this occason"? :(

Well, it wasn't meant to come out like that. It's just some posts I've seen on some major topics which I think are not right, and I do have different opinions on that particular subject, but sometimes I say them, sometimes not incase of random flaming starting.

...k, what you people don't seem to be able to comprehend is one simple fact...I have a life. I have to balance my college schedule, a part time job, and the occasional free time that I have to make a new release every few months or so. Heck, I spent my ENTIRE spring break just to be able to finish before Sunday was over(my break ends on Monday).

Apparently, I must have invisible text or something, because I said in the very post that bumped this topic

YES, I also know that Rush Canyon still exists. I just need to find a hole big enough to bury it in.

In short, this mod is a work in progress, if you couldn't guess that by now. Rush Canyon WILL get done, and it WILL get scrapped, if my time and will allows it. But instead of dealing with it, people decide to stare at it and whine, while ignoring the plain fact that I created extra content before it. If the rest of you monkey people decide that Rush Canyon is too big of a problem to deal with and decide to complain endlessly about it, then I don't see why I should waste any more of my time. I'll just end it right here.

TL;DR When it's done©. STFU and GTFO.

EDIT:Thank you steveb96 for not being a jerk and stating the obvious.

Kuja said:
...k, what you people don't seem to be able to comprehend is one simple fact...I have a life. I have to balance my college schedule, a part time job, and the occasional free time that I have to make a new release every few months or so. Heck, I spent my ENTIRE spring break just to be able to finish before Sunday was over(my break ends on Monday).

Apparently, I must have invisible text or something, because I said in the very post that bumped this topic

YES, I also know that Rush Canyon still exists. I just need to find a hole big enough to bury it in.

In short, this mod is a work in progress, if you couldn't guess that by now. Rush Canyon WILL get done, and it WILL get scrapped, if my time and will allows it. But instead of dealing with it, people decide to stare at it and whine, while ignoring the plain fact that I created extra content before it. If the rest of you monkey people decide that Rush Canyon is too big of a problem to deal with and decide to complain endlessly about it, then I don't see why I should waste any more of my time. I'll just end it right here.

TL;DR When it's done©. STFU and GTFO.

EDIT:Thank you steveb96 for not being a jerk and stating the obvious.

Yes, we all have a life here, and we do different things, you arn't the only one =/

Also about the Rush Canyon business, most of us say about the comments because it's 'constructive critisism' we say it so people can improve their work. If you don't like the critisism, then don't release it on here unless you are ready.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISISM we say it so people can improve their work. If you don't like the critisism, then don't release it on here unless you are ready.

Hyperknux. Please, for the sake of my sanity, STOP THROWING THAT PHRASE AROUND. There is a difference between giving, sound, well informed thoughts about the stage that haven't been stated yet, and being a lazy fool and posting

Or, one of my personal favorites, restating what has been stated immediately after what someone else has said:

Chaos is right on this occasion. The canyon level wern't that great. But the mod itself is a very nice piece of work.

In fact, the only somewhat sound advice I got from this is:

Try remaking the entire canyon Zone from scratch. Base it off of another Zone. Try making it like Act 2 of the first Zone. At the parts where it get's all complex.

So, in short, reread my post. In fact, read through the entire topic. I enjoy criticism. I learn things from other people's perspectives. What I DON'T enjoy is watching people rehashing what other people have already said and posting it 3x over.

more like DESTRUCTIVE CRITICISM, amirite? =|

@steveb96 I *think* I may know what you're talking about. The part after the two diagonal springs, right?

hold on putting a picture of it.

EDIT: here it is:
srb20002lq3.png

Hm. I'll get to fixing that. anything else?

Also, lol, I mistakenly mixed the level select pictures for act 1 and 2 of the first zone.

My bad. :D

Those GFZROCK2 textures look strange, since you have both them and the GFZROCK textures together. Try just using one. The second one's colors look weird.

Yeah, but I kind of wanted to avoid using just one uniform texture throughout the entire map. I wanted to create an "interior" feel to the cave parts of the level. If I was thinking of changing them, any suggestions as to what I could use instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back