Floating Point???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkz

Advanced FOFing Concepts
So I'm working on DDZ last night and I started getting this message. I was so busy & into my groove that I ignored it at the moment. It wont stop and I can't remember when, where or even if I made the mistake that caused it. It occures in visual mode when the camera starts zeroing in at some unknown point. I've been reading other online forums to no avail and I am at a complete loose here.

Any ideas?

PnXmd.png

The details of this message comment on something about a floating point, which I have gathered to be an unnecassray feature in the updated engines. I've read that it could be cause by anything from conflicting object flags to overlapping linedefs. None of which I have been able to observe in my map.

How can I triangulate, isolate and ultamitely fix this?

EDIT:
please disregaurd this inquiry. The error was in one of my FOFs. Which one, I don't know. I've simply decided to rebuild them all... Which is just fine with me as they come out better the second time around:D

EDIT... again: While rebuilding my FOFs I found the problem:D Indeed an overlapping lindef creating an incomplete sector tagged for one of my FOFs.

Last edited:
Doesn't suprise me that something I read on the internet was completely and grossly inacurate. Thanks for the link. I love learning new stuff. I wonder why such literature didn't show up in my original search...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back