Emerald Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZarroTsu

Over The Speed Limit
DOWNLOAD

What is it you ask? Its a collection of my new Special stages. Some of you may have played a few of them online at times... but THIS one has new gfx and emerald colors!

This challenge can only be completed as sonic... Well, properly at least.

Play, gasp in awe at my new gfx, and don't forget to comment!

(PS: noob-post about a stupid question everyone but you knows and I KILL YOU)

It was looking very good....but after I got the yellow emerald, and went on, sigsev. :|
EDIT: Decided to WARP to them.
Ztaimat, you deserve a hug. You have imagination, and you've proven that.
Great work!

I'm not sure why it sigseved on you. Are you using software or openGL? I just played it and it didn't sigsev me...

So... yah. the whole point of this is to NOT use the map function. But if you must, go ahead I guess, just restart when you die on endless abyss =P.

You should really test to make sure your maps work properly in OpenGL. I noticed you don't really do it with any of your maps.

Eh. Well sigsevs aside(I didn't get any), you made an incredible map. If I had any money, I'd commision you to make more Special stages(and possibly another Super sonic stage).

ZTaimat seems to make maps FAST... Make more levels with thrones that so I can steal them from you :mrgreen: *shot*

Anyway, the New Emerald Colors are better then the ones we have now, try asking in the "stuff to be in 1.1" :P

A segment violation occurs when a program tries to access memory outside of its program space.

I went through the pack and fixed the sigsev. I also optimized(389 to 8 sectors in endless abyss, believe it or not) what was there, resulting in a 149 KB decrease in filesize(and a better framerate; not that it was bad before, mind you).

Download

Right click and save as.

Okay, the graphics are nice.. but where's the challenge? The only one I managed to lose on was the 7th one, and that was just from a bad jump. The rest were INCREDIBLY easy.

Same here Shuffle. All the first levels were easy, but on the last one I tried to cut corners by thokking over one of the platforms I was meant to jump on, and I went too fast and slipped off the platform.

Seriously, the time limits are way too easy. Do you, like, use the crappy default control scheme? Where you have to take a whole minute turning just so you can align yourself peoperly?

Another thing I noticed was bad ring placement. You often put only a few rings along the bottom, and a whole bunch on the top. And sometimes in similar areas you didn't even put in the same amount of rings for each.

You Have to admit the time limit was a bit Too high making it a bit easy. The White Emerald Stage the last one was Quite a Challenge while playing as Sonic. The Levels were great especially the 5th stage the Dark Blue emerald and Endless abyss that was cool. The most annoying thing was falling off the platforms into quicksand or bottomless pits Yellow emerald stage and Purple Emerald stages. But most of all it was great just try and lower the time limit a little to have a even greater challenge then before :)

I noticed that you take my S3K item-boxes without asking me!
Edit: You used them in Lux-rb2, too.
You can use them everytime when you want because I like your work! :D :wink:

Heh, don't worry:
demoquit1ng.png

My currently incomplete demo exit screen! yay! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back