No More Enemies (Once)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I looked on the wiki and after I read it, I was like, what does linedef 223 have to do with this? Anyways, I have linedef 403 tagged and in place, it's just, what do I do with No More Enemies? I have it to control the trigger anywhere in sector sector. And I NEED this gimmik, it gives you a award that you use to get a even bigger award.

The No More Enemies trigger will scan the Invisible, Intangible FOF (Linedef Type 223) and look if it contains any enemies. When there are none left, it executes. But it doesn't execute like a regular trigger. Instead, the length of this linedef specifies the trigger linedef that will execute. In other words:

Control sector 1 (with a new tag):

• Linedef Type 313: Tagged to its own control sector.
  • Linedef Type 223: Tagged to the sector that will be checked for enemies.
Control sector 2:

• Normal trigger linedef: Tag should be the same as the length of the 313 linedef.
  • Effect: Which is 403 in your case.

So your saying that linedef 223 has to be in my sector that has the enemys in it and I direct the no more enemy's to the linedef 223 control sector while changing it's (x, y, or something) axis to 313 that is in the same control sector?

(Sorry but, This confuses me...)

This type of linedef executor trigger is one of the toughest ones to pull off, as it requires specifications beyond those of normal triggers. As SpiritCrusher said, you have to have multiple control sectors and point to an FOF. The Wiki explains it pretty well; give it another look if you're still confused.

Really?

Anyways, I made the linedef with the control 313 a vertical axis of 313. Is that what I was suppost to do? I also added the 223 thing.

313 is just it's action number. Hang on. I'm going to port a level I never thought I'd port.

Edit: Level ported. Caution, level is poorly designed.
http://www.mediafire.com/?tyljzkqu1qm

This level of the infamous Battle Woods series makes extensive use of the linedef you're trying to learn and was made when I was learning how to use it myself. I'm not proud of the series, but whenever I read of someone trying to learn this linedef action, Battle Woods pops into my mind.

Last edited:
Isn't this executor screwed up in 2.0 and has never been bothered to be fixed?

...That sentence has horrible grammar.

If it is screwed up in this version I couldn't tell during my run through of the map to make sure it worked.

Everything is still set up like it was for 1.09.4, just that the things, sector effects, and linedef actions were swaped out with their 2.0 counterparts.

Oh, I didn't mean messed up as though it didn't work, just that the trigger system was weird. I thought it was the more conventional way of setting up triggers (like everything else) back in 1.09.

Anyways, I made the linedef with the control 313 a vertical axis of 313. Is that what I was suppost to do? I also added the 223 thing.
Nononono. Let me explain again.

Control sector 1: Give this an unused tag. Floor and ceiling height must be the same as the sector the enemies are in.

• Linedef Type 313: Tag should be the same as the control sector it is in. Give this a length that is the same as an unused tag. For example, if tag number 32 isn't already used somewhere else, make it 32 fracunits long.
  • Linedef Type 223: Tag should be the same as the sector the enemies are in.
Control sector 2:

• Trigger Linedef: This should be a normal trigger linedef (Probably Linedef Type 300). The tag of this must be the same as the length of Linedef Type 313.
  • Effect: This is Linedef Type 403 in your case, as you have said yourself

I still don't get why you didn't just look at the example WAD on the Wiki.

Last edited:
Oh, I have but, if you have to place different things then the example wad and you can't just copy/paste and edit the tags, I don't care about that...

I'll try at it again and thanks for the info. I think I'll get it this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back