What do you think about the past versions of srb2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

909090hey

ive been noticing that srb2 is awsome...... but i want too know YOUR guys' opinion. Give your opinion here.

The topic "srb2 2.01: what are your honest thoughts" is the exact same topic as this, please read the list of other threads before making a topic.

Srb2, really worth it?

Well, Let's look at some points that differ from other Sonic Fan-games.

Srb2 is a good sonic fan-game. +1
Srb2 has good sprites (Non-game ripped ) +2
Srb2 is multi-player +2
Srb2 is a online multi-player game +16782
Srb2 can be changed and modified to the users +x (X is over 9000!!!!!!!)

It is quite different than most sonic fan games.(Tell me of another working sonic fan-game that has online ability and can be modified to your liking.)

I said Yes, It is worth much more than a look.(Really what type of question is this? We have a Forum based on this one game with 3159 users and guests who obviously think it is worth a look, if there are here! )[/b]

Ninja'd

Edit: 1.09.4a is the best. Because Iit was the feature freeze.

What does ninjad mean? and i think you just got it cuz you wasted however many minutes of your life typing that only to edit it after seeing the new title! :)
ninjad!

909090hey said:
What does ninjad mean? and i think you just got it cuz you wasted however many minutes of your life typing that only to edit it after seeing the new title! :)
ninjad!

Yes but it was worth it

Ninja'd = when you post just to see someone did it first.

Here is what i believe. I'm comparing both versions of SRB2.

1.09.4a (My favourite.)
++ Wide, open spaces.
+++ Very customizable.
+++ Over 9000 WADS and SOCS and MODS and MD2s availible.
-- Most of those over 9000 WADs are n00b wads.
+ You can get games to work just the way you want if you put effort into it.
- Not-so-good Match System.
Score: 5 (9 x +, 3 x -)

2.0.1 (The current version)
++ Lots of levels. Especially Arid Canyon.
--- Most of those levels are boring and cramped though. Bar Arid Canyon...and perhaps Deep Sea Zone.
+++ AWESOME Match.
- The only WADs availible right now are n00b wads.
- The new sprites hardly fit SRB2's style.
++ The addition of Hide and Seek and Survival is cool...
- But they removed Normal Tag in the process.
- They cramped alot of the original levels, making them look new, but act annoying. (I'm looking at you, Quicksand Ruins/Blazing Sands.)
Score: 0 (7 x +, 7 x -)

Please note with this system, it goes from -5 to 5, not 0 to 10. :P

I have a certain fondness for the demo 4.1 days, because that's what got me obsessed with Ojamajo Doremi music for the longest time, which was used for the Special Stages at the time.

They were good back in the day, but, like always, a new SRB2 version makes me forget about previous versions.

Anyway, I remember the best update for me was when THZ2 and THZ3 were done. Looking at this version, it was a small update, but it was really nice back in the day, after just playing until THZ1.

Now I like more SRB2, previous versions were mostly really open spaces to run filled with crawlas and jetty-syns. Now there´s many more gameplay elements, enemies... It totally feels like a retail game. In fact, I wouldn´t mind paying for it.

I love 2.0. However, I will miss 1.09.4. :( It's a tearful goodbye, really. I've played it since '06. I'm already used to all the new stuff. Goodbye, 1.09.4! ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back