So I notice that players who normally would've gotten cfaile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaysakado

(title got cut off ffs)
d get restored.

Does this mean that if the server is running a modified version of 2.0 and the client is running unmodified, the client will, instead of being cfailed, be restored, and end up playing the modified version, though it would be laggy due to having to be restored all the time?

Any sort of trigger for consistency failures now results in the server 'restoring' the client by taking the information about the client from the server and sending it back, restoring consistency. This can be sidabled in the network options, too.

If two people have a wad of the same name and of a different md5sum, they will probably be triggering this "restoration" a lot. You can figure out who exactly is causing this if you do BLAMECFAIL YES in the console (host only).

Different MD5 sums shouldn't even be a problem now, since the checking has been turned back on (at least I should HOPE it has been).

Well, c-fail still happens, but it seems only when you join sometimes. And sometimes all the time. (Illegal netvar command color 0 team 0 anyone?) Also, I'd like to give a possible tip for this problem: Host a game of the same type on the same map for about two seconds, then try again. (I didn't think the tip worth it's own topic :/)

Isn't that because people is using 2 SRB2 versions? (or just one when there are servers with 2.00 and 2.01, I've used both)

I caused some c-fails in some servers: I join and everybody else is kicked out, but player 0 remains.

Kopper said:
Well, c-fail still happens, but it seems only when you join sometimes. And sometimes all the time. (Illegal netvar command color 0 team 0 anyone?) Also, I'd like to give a possible tip for this problem: Host a game of the same type on the same map for about two seconds, then try again. (I didn't think the tip worth it's own topic :/)

These are bugs, and will be fixed for 2.0.2.

Ezer.Arch said:
Isn't that because people is using 2 SRB2 versions? (or just one when there are servers with 2.00 and 2.01, I've used both)

I caused some c-fails in some servers: I join and everybody else is kicked out, but player 0 remains.

I thought player 0 was the host...

And yes I occasionally have that problem. Not too much anymore though.
If you get C-failed once, and you still want to play, I like to just count to 30 before trying again. Hopefully the server would have fixed itself by then.

Spazzo said:
Kopper said:

These are bugs, and will be fixed for 2.0.2.

Well, that much is obvious. XP

Also, at people begging for 2.0.2:
It's a bug fix, like they said. There's no point to releasing a buggy beta of a bug fix for a buggy beta, is there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back