SRB2 Slopes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Slopes supported by SRB2 ? i had to ask before i can make my 2nd Level,i'm thinking about adding some slopes in it ...Inspired Ceiling :
T5sae7.png

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

The ceiling i'm trying to make should look almost like this one,if i know how to create slopes ...

If you are willing to downgrade, SRB2CB supports Slopes somewhat. Plus, you don't even need slopes for that visual effect, just a ton of stairs, like in GFZ2.

AFAIK there's a commented section in SRB2 vanilla source code which is located in doomdef.h.
///Fun experimental slope stuff!
//#define SLOPENESS
You can comment out the second line and see the results, but I'm sure that you won't get any. Adding slopes support in software render mode would require more time for rendering each frame, and this is why it is not suitable even for modern machines when using high resolutions. To make these things become true, effective and looking eye-candy you have to rewrite entire rendering engine. CPUs are not effective as GPUs and even APUs, and you can proof it for yourself if you try to play Unreal Tournament with Pixomatic Rendering Engine.

But... Seriously, SRB2 looks okay without slopes, doesn't it?

Last edited:
It doesn't matter now,i'm going to make a race map,without slopes,i'll just make stairs ....

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

A Simple screenshot of current Progress,added a Sector for Tails and Knuckles cause they're slower then Sonic,and Some Badniks ... level will be a Race Level and it's 70 Precent Complete !
0muBTf.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back