Curse Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's called banning, ever hear it?
What if the player is actually a good player but is just annoying? Although, I see you have a valid point.
was directed to the guy whining
What do you mean by whining? All I did was give another reason why an ignore/mute feature could work.
An individual mute would probably just prompt said people to leave anyways.
..Another idea. Mutes could have a timer. I know users that get muted in other games for 5 minutes and then finally get the idea to shut up.
We'd need unique user identifiers for that to work, unless you just mean on a session by session basis.
/Ignore Ping 01/username? Hey, I have another idea!
It is similar to the mute idea, but it could work for anyone in the server. /Ignore would stop the selected users messages from showing up. This idea could be very useful in many situations.

@Trent
Chill. I know there has been some not so good comments in this thread, but you don't have to take it so seriously. We're on a forum, on the internet. You also might not want to continue building up the fire. Just don't post back and deal with it. Saying "I'm not posting anymore!" isn't really helping, infact; it makes it look worse!

Edit----
I was wondering if I am straying off the main topic. I know the ignore/mutes can be somewhat connected to the curse filter, just curious. Should I make a new thread, post in the suggestions, or continue it here?

Last edited:
Well, this thread sure went to shit overnight. Flamewars aside, we aren't putting a curse filter into the forums or SRB2. If you are truly that offended by it, my only suggestion to you is to learn how to tune offensive things out yourself without technology to do it for you, because if you're offended by cursing you're going to be offended a whole lot on the internet and in real life. Cursing, like it or not, is a part of the culture of English-speaking countries at this point.

If you're dealing with someone who is just being an asshole in chat when playing SRB2, get the host to ban him or find another server if it bothers you that much. This has nothing to do with cursing, it has everything to do with some people simply being troublemakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back