Tag 65535

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawfulfan

The Tortured Planet guy
I read on the Wiki that giving a linedef special a tag of 65535 will cause SRB2 to apply the effect to all sectors in the map. But I tried it with the Heat Wave Effect and it didn't do anything. Out of curiosity, which specials actually work with this effect?

Congratulations on picking exactly the one linedef where it doesn't work. I made a bug report about that already, though. This most notably works woth colormaps, and probably with all the other lighting effects (600+) too. Otherwise, no idea. It doesn't make any sense with most effects.

I know, but I meant it wasn't smart that it doesn't say so for both of them. Just in case someone doesn't know.
If someone knows about tag -1, he usually knows that 65535 is the same. If he doesn't, he usually doesn't know about 65535 at all. The only reason you misunderstood it is because you never read the wiki article where those tags are explained.

Someone who is experience enough to know that both tags are one and the same would know, otherwise they would think that they are separate.

If someone knows about tag -1, he usually knows that 65535 is the same. If he doesn't, he usually doesn't know about 65535 at all. The only reason you misunderstood it is because you never read the wiki article where those tags are explained.
Actually, I DID read the article while browsing the wiki for no reason...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back