SRB2 2.0.X Bug Reports (Pre-2.0.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose, then, that I must repost anything that still pertains to the latest version.

The glitch of the wrong name for a custom unlockable showing when it is unlocked is still present.

The glitch of crawla commanders spawning instead of wing logos (or whatever it is that’s causing them to spawn) is still present.

The problem of darkness differences between windowed and fullscreen modes is still present.

Speaking of minor bugs, if in CTF, you switch to spectator on a team base, you instead switch to that team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Log.txt said:
ZeldaG00 became a spectator.
NOOB was autobalanced to even the teams.
Illegal color change received from NOOB (team: 2, color: 6)
Got unknown net command [8]=107 (max 16)
NOOB has been kicked (Consistency failure)
Player 2 has been kicked (Consistency failure)
Yep, the team scramble/balance C-kick is still there. >_>

EIP=004535ac

Backed up my gamesave.dat and started a new file, though I used my completed save and went to CEZ2, and accessed the hyper level with Sonic. After I completed that and the game was about to take me to ACZ1, the game sigsegv'd.

Whenever playing Tag or Hide and Seek, if a player leaves, and nobody is it as a result, the host is - without exception, chosen to be the new it. If that's not a bug, it's a poor feature. :/ (If they're not playing, it chooses the lowest playing node)

ac8mt0.png

23w49zn.png

2+ of the ropes in Arid Canyon Zone 1 near the end of level are buggy, only happens if you grab onto them somewhat in the middle, the one with Knuckles on the Rope might be clearer due to the view.

I’m not sure how you would go about fixing this, but the Statistics screen is made to only show for three characters. The statistics screen is not friendly to emblems meant for custom characters (or for all characters).

EDIT: Though I was right about this glitch before, it seems I was mistaken this time. Before, crawla commanders were spawning in stages where there were none. However, it seems that what I experienced this time was a crawla commander straying very far from where it was supposed to be. So, it seems to be a false alarm on the crawla commander glitch for the latest version.

If enemies are placed upside-down and you have anti-gravity on, then trying to jump on enemies will result in some bizarre collision, e.g., you'll be stuck in your spin frame after killing it, yet you will still act as if though in normal walking state.

I entered my custom SOC’s unlockables section. I entered level select, backed out, and it showed the default unlockables (rather than my custom unlockables) with everything unlocked. Or, if not everything, then just about everything.

First sigsegv in 2.0.4 (for me).
EIP=004a7737
Spring into the ceiling tunnel behind the crushers in Thunder Citadel. Team Match.
I was Red Team, Knux, had 2 Emeralds, 24 rings and 30 Scatter ammo.

SRB2 v2.0.4.

EIP=0048142c
EIP=004a7dd2
EIP=0048142c
EIP=0048142c
EIP=0048142c
EIP=0048142c
EIP=0048142c

Barrage of sigsegvs one after another while trying to host race in Egg Rock 2. They happened semirandomly, I think when a player did something in particular. I can't point out many of them, most of them seemed to simply happen because somebody entered a sector, the last one in particular when I hit the enlarger near the end of the stage. The game would only last for about 10 seconds before crashing, save for the first and last times.

If you die while holding onto a rope in Arid Canyon, you'll hear the latch sound again after you fall back down. I'm assuming your character latched back onto the rope.
In some Egg Rock sectors, places which should have the space countdown do not, like beneath/over girders, etc.

In multiplayer, if one player triggers the ERZ2 ambush right at the start and dies inside, any player who is left before that room is stuck until a player who made it through activates the conveyor belt path. If everybody is behind the lasers, the game is unfinishable. The trap is single-player only in 2.0.5 ~Inuyasha

Jumping off of horizontally moving polyobjects starts you off with no horizontal momentum, competely betraying your expected trajectory.

The camera in 2D mode has some problems. If it's too close to a wall (for instance, the end of MKBZ3), it'll freak out, not knowing where to place itself. When you switch between viewpoints, it first points at the player from the current position then slowly pans out to the correct position.

Seems when SRB2 is writing the log files it forgets to add a \r after server messages.

When the camera pans out at extreme vertical angles, it's not sure how to draw scaled sprites. Translucent sprites have constant drawing issues.

I was once able to thok through some vertical bars in DSZ and got stuck on the other end. You can also fall through a floor in the underwater room in DSZ2 with the invincibility monitor, the arrays of spikes and the mine packs.

In race, if somebody reaches the goal and starts the countdown, and all the players who still have lives leave the game, the countdown will keep going even though nobody's playing. The game also always accomodates a fixed pause for the time over screen, even no one died due to it.

The Fire Flower can still be fired even after the player clears the stage.
[spoiler:9558a4fa80]The forceskin console variable takes precedence over the ForceSkin attribute in a level header. This creates problems when you want everyone to use the same skin, but the stage calls for a change of character (SRB1 Remake, for instance). Since the old forceskin was skin-agnostic, it worked fine -- everyone became Knuckles and nobody could switch out. Not so sure how to fix it now. Maybe add the functionality of the old console variable?[/spoiler:9558a4fa80]

Crash running into a spikeball in CEZ2 again, this time it was a horizontal one.

Ran into it at full speed and sigsegv'd. 49eea585

Running SRB2WIN.EXE -FILE [ANY SOC] will not run the .CFG file that the SOC is supposed to run upon loading. If loaded by the ADDFILE console command, the .CFG loads as it should.

If you get a box item upside-down, the broken box sprite won't be on the ground.
bug0.png

You can't see it here, but Supers can sometimes guard the Flag. It seems that the only way to avoid being touched is to crawl toward the flag.
bug1.png

Enemy teams can carry each other.
bug2.png

I used Tails to get the enemy's Flag while upside down. The Flag wasn't upside-down. Once I got it, I got hit by the electric sector. The flag was shown upside-down, but the gravity was right-side up.
bug3.png

Start a Team Match/CTF server, and join a team. Select Scramble Teams in the menu, and confirm. Now switch to a different Gametype, and this message will spam the console:
Code:
This command cannot be used outside of Team Match or CTF.
bug4.png

In the Windows 7 RC, the stretch command doesn't work and most resolutions won't cover the whole screen. I'm reporting this in case the problem will still be around when the final version is out.

Last edited:
When Knuckles is scaled, he doesn't seem to know how to hang onto walls too well... actually, the physics are all busted, but you know that already.

In CEZ, if you jump at the spinning chains from below (from on top of the block), they become sticky. It's hard, but you can latch off after a while.

There's a lava pit in Red Volcano Zone 1 with no way out. It's the one with the white catwalks and the invincibility monitor. If you fall down there with an Elemental Shield, you're stuck.

EIP=0048142c

Egg Rock Zone 2 keeps crashing with that EIP whenever I try to host Race in it. The last time it happened, I had paused the game on the very first tic after the map loaded. It still crashed.

Its a problem with the host-side archiving the delayed linedef executors. For the time being, start in a different map and have people join before swapping to ERZ2. Eggrock Zone in general seems to have issues with joining players in netgames. -Jazz

EIP=0045809a

Race on Castle Eggman Zone 2 with four players. Two had reached the bobbing blocks exit, one was in the water switch room and the other elsewhere. The countdown was at 10. ALL players crashed with the same EIP.

In Windows 7, the game has graphic hiccups on my computer.

I think it has to do on my Windows 7 partition, it has a higher resolution. And Srb2 doesn't like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back