• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Kart Krew™'s exe mods

This... IS...GETTING...FREAKIN AMAZING! Uh, sorry. *ahem*
So many zones and one spoiled, this is getting really cool.

Oh by the way, i bet this is at 78%. (I don't know but i'm not a wizard. Shut up about that.)

Yes, it's possible, but nowhere near practical. Regular character stats are set much higher than the stats of TD characters and always end up breaking the game somehow. If you want to use a custom character in TD, you're going to need to use a different S_SKIN.
So that means now we need to have a SRB2 Version and a Top-Down Version of our characters?

This looks great, but what happened to the old hub ? I liked that one. Auto stat balancing isn't a good idea, it could mess up lua and other things, so it's better for wad creators to create a topdown version of their mods.

Last edited:
The camera is slow while moving fast, why? Slow camera moving will cause miscalculation (I'm talking about us :P) while moving or platforming.

That doesn't make any sense.

Slow moving is crucial so we don't get jittery-ass-camera syndrome like the Checkered Mountain preview. It actually throws you off a lot less by not following you for every tiny jump you make, letting you track your shadow better.

That doesn't make any sense.

Slow moving is crucial so we don't get jittery-ass-camera syndrome like the Checkered Mountain preview. It actually throws you off a lot less by not following you for every tiny jump you make, letting you track your shadow better.

Ok............................. Maybe it was me that I still didn't played the mod :P.

I checked out a little more and this is cool at my point of view!
Now, since this is a combination of Sonic 3D Blast and Super Mario 3D World, we can create that bubble wich appears at your YouTube pre-review anytime, right?
Just to know, will this mod keep the Match maps and CTF?

By the way, can you tell us at what percentage this reached yet? (Man, I'm too curious...)

Keeping up with concern, Will TopDown become capable of both Software and OpenGL mode? I might just have some MD2 fun when this content is released.

PastelNervousBlackfly.gif

We have considered automatic stat adjustment for custom characters, but it is not a viable solution since, as demonstrated above, many characters would remain hopelessly broken thanks to their Lua abilities.

That Skybox looks awesome by the way.

So, how is the demo coming along? Is there a release date yet?
sorry i'm just too excited for this mod it looks so awesome.

Anyways, I'm so happy to see every update you post guys. This is gonna be the greatest mod I had ever seen in SRB2!
(Obviously it's gonna battle against SRB2Kart once they are both out for the first place :P)

Also, why do custom characters HAVE to be modified to play TD?

So, how is the demo coming along? Is there a release date yet?
sorry i'm just too excited for this mod it looks so awesome.

Anyways, I'm so happy to see every update you post guys. This is gonna be the greatest mod I had ever seen in SRB2!
(Obviously it's gonna battle against SRB2Kart once they are both out for the first place :P)

Also, why do custom characters HAVE to be modified to play TD?

As you can see from the Rosy gif, the character's stats are modified to best fit the gameplay of TD. It won't be that hard to change custom character's stats though. Just find the ratio of change from default sonic to modified sonic and simple use that ratio to change custom character's stats.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back