Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That isn't what I meant. Even if you put in the emblems, you cannot collect them because the wad would've modified the game after adding it.

If custom gamedata is used, or if the character is part of the WAD with the MAINCFG, though, the game will still allow you to collect them because it won't recognize itself as modified.

Dark, I just found a workaround. Replace the knux sprites with tikals' in the wad, change the speed and handling of knux in the wad, and add a custom gamedata , (check out tortured planet in XWE to see how, then change knux's emblem locations in each level. Done!~

Uh, you can't just "change the handling" of a default character without EXE modifications. And honestly, nobody cares about emblems and stuff in an OLDC map anyway. Put more energy into making the map itself good.

Well, The rest of my instructions would be valid though, because Tikal is nearly the same as knux Ability-Wise. Now I'll get back to making my Single Player map.

Last edited:
Welp, I'm going to be entering match yet again!

fdtxc9.png

687ati.png

This is totally not based off another classic level!
(That statement is totally not a lie!... right?)

Last edited:
We're not forcing you or anything Ariel, don't be silly. You don't have to make maps. I still suggest you try out the maps when the voting begins, there's some really good ones (sometimes)

I think you're completely misinterpreting his post, Metal Rawr. It looks more like he's just asking how to enter a map in the OLDC to me. =V

But anyway, Ariel, you enter maps into the OLDC using the Contest Submissions subforum. (Be sure to read the OLDC Rules and Submission Checklist Announcement linked there!)

We're not forcing you or anything Ariel, don't be silly. You don't have to make maps. I still suggest you try out the maps when the voting begins, there's some really good ones (sometimes)

I want to make a map. I know how to upload pictures here, but i dunno how to add a map to contest. :(

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

I think you're completely misinterpreting his post, Metal Rawr. It looks more like he's just asking how to enter a map in the OLDC to me. =V

But anyway, Ariel, you enter maps into the OLDC using the Contest Submissions subforum. (Be sure to read the OLDC Rules and Submission Checklist Announcement linked there!)

Thanks! Now only to make the map, make subforum, add map to that subforum and done?

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Thanks! Now only to make the map, make subforum, add map to that subforum and done?

I think you mean "thread" rather than "subforum" there, but yeah - that's sort of how it goes.

Create a thread in the subforum forum, provide the entry as an attachment (usually inside a zip or rar file) in your first post making sure to check it actually works, follows the rules etc. beforehand, and you're pretty much done!

So unless you've all been secretly holding back many weeks of work, or are about to submit a whole pile of schlock on us (please don't even bother, save it for the next deadline), we only have one entry for each division.

If this holds, it might behoove us to roll this contest's entries into the next one's and just cancel this one's, wouldn't it?

I think the people should have the right to vote. Even if they only have one option. It's tradition, dammit!

Of course this lack of participation happens when me and CoatRack don't rush a map. Awesome!

See what we need to do is threaten to cancel the OLDC every month. Then we'll always get a flood of entries!

So unless you've all been secretly holding back many weeks of work, or are about to submit a whole pile of schlock on us (please don't even bother, save it for the next deadline), we only have one entry for each division.

Oh. oh. oh.

I guess I'll just leave my pile of schlock where it is then...

I was working on an SP level for this OLDC, but it's not nearly as far along as I'd like, so I'll probably save it for the next one. It's my first real attempt at a map, so progress isn't especially quick because I'm learning as I go.

Oh. oh. oh.

I guess I'll just leave my pile of schlock where it is then...
I mean maps that were started within a couple of hours before the deadline. It's not impossible to make a great map within those constraints, but the general trend has not been positive.

I think the people should have the right to vote. Even if they only have one option. It's tradition, dammit!
We do traditionally do this if there's more than one entry in a given contest to make it worth having a voting topic in the first place. At the time I wrote that (and I think the time I write this), that is not the case.

This is actually quite surprising, considering how many levels we had during last summer's OLDC.

Then again, interest in SRB2 map-making is declining as a whole. Hopefully this will be resolved once 2.1 releases.

This is actually quite surprising, considering how many levels we had during last summer's OLDC.

Then again, interest in SRB2 map-making is declining as a whole. Hopefully this will be resolved once 2.1 releases.

Or maybe we can simultaneously get the entirety of the community to migrate to a new platform, and make awesome things with that. Haha, wouldn't that be something. I was just having a discussion last night with someone, and we were discussing how level designing with SRB2 has evolved to a point where it's like trying to make something with gamemaker, because we have to find ways around all the restrictions. Whether it's covering up visual bugs with clever scenery items or simply tons and tons and tons and tons of tags, it just gets to a point where it is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back