Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To make it look more like a truck, perhaps you should build it out of FOFs and not have anything under it, the ground underneath the truck is a bit confusing and makes it hard to tell what it is.

Now that you've said so, it does look like a truck, but yeah, it should be made of FOFs.

Suddenly, I finished a map! Galactic Waterworks is its name!

2s7xevm.jpg

20poheo.jpg

r268up.jpg

24q4jva.jpg

333lj53.jpg

Okay, I'm now almost certainly entering Single Player. And likely Race, too. But I'm still going to remain secretive about my projects.

Suddenly, I finished a map! Galactic Waterworks is its name!

Can I give a perfect 10 before the contest starts? Plz? :<
Also a quick suggestion, your map would actually be more interesting (And feel more galactic) if we had the ability to get up on the ceiling as well, it really looks like it could just be flipped upside down and called gold as well. I've never seen a space level that used water as a main attraction before, to be honest. This level executes it wonderfully!

Well, SRB2DB managed to screw me over and corrupt my WAD again...

I might not enter the next division due to that irritating issue.
SRB2 Doombuilder auto-saves backup files in the same folder your wad is in, try looking for them :P

EDIT: I also have a question for you SpiritCrusher, are maps for different mods allowed in the OLDC, given that they still match up to the gametype specified in the category? Or must they be for vanilla SRB2? Because then this would be interesting and encourage people to make wads for other mods as well, SRB2Morphed and SRB2CB are collecting dust from the lack of modifications for it.

Last edited:
What's the point of making a level for SRB2Morphed? All that mod does is add extra SOC actions, IIRC.

Last edited:
Well, I might enter the SP division, but the map will have a different theme.

Since that "problem" with SRB2DB is gone (?), I can probably finish it in time.

More info/pics on it soon, I guess...

What's the point of making a level for SRB2Morphed? All that mod does is add extra SOC actions, IIRC.

New powers, new enemies? It could be a treat for those SOC-infested singleplayer maps. Either way, a suggestion is a suggestion.

Last edited:
Also a quick suggestion, your map would actually be more interesting (And feel more galactic) if we had the ability to get up on the ceiling as well, it really looks like it could just be flipped upside down and called gold as well.

I tried that and it didn't really work out... so I just decided to continue without reverse gravity.

Fun fact: Galactic Waterworks is not very complicated and much more straight-forward compared to most other CTF maps I have made. :P

I'll just leave these here:

2zs8isn.png
16k57c1.png
kd4t3b.png
i29col.png

A first extensive Mario map for SRB2.. is it finally happening? Are people finally making quality levels for the OLDC, just like the old times?

I tried that and it didn't really work out... so I just decided to continue without reverse gravity.

Fun fact: Galactic Waterworks is not very complicated and much more straight-forward compared to most other CTF maps I have made. :P

Nonetheless, that would actually make a real neat map for the official rotation, it's balanced, not too much of an eye-sore, the bases can be guarded easily, so Sonic can't just thok in and dash out, the visuals don't take too much computing power, I honestly think it would look prettier with its own custom textures to be honest. It just feels like its missing some glamour in a way. Other than the lack of rings in the stage, it's pretty well perfect.

Last edited:
Oh, right. Did not think that one through. Ignore me.

Speaking of giving votes, SpiritCrusher, I was recently combing through older contests, and stumbled upon your older reviews, in which you rated every gametype, not just Single Player. That was totally awesome, and I wish you'd do universal ratings again, though if you have less time these days than you did back then, I'll understand.

Last edited:
Why me? I don't host this contest, nor do I have anything else to do with it aside from giving my votes like all the others. Oh, and the answer is no, it must work in SRB2.

Well you're a judge, and you were the last to post in the topic, of course I would get a quicker answer by asking you! But if you insist, I'll save all the questions for Mystic from now on. Thanks for the answer, and sorry if I bothered you. And its okay if you're going to limit us to Vanilla SRB2, I'll begin on something else for riders anyway.

Nonetheless, that would actually make a real neat map for the official rotation, it's balanced, not too much of an eye-sore, the bases can be guarded easily, so Sonic can't just thok in and dash out, the visuals don't take too much computing power, I honestly think it would look prettier with its own custom textures to be honest. It just feels like its missing some glamour in a way. Other than the lack of rings in the stage, it's pretty well perfect.
Wait, have you secretly played my stage or something? :O

Well you're a judge
That has nothing to do with the contest. It's only about the Submissions forum.

and you were the last to post in the topic
Huh? That was Fawfulfan who made the last post before you.

But if you insist, I'll save all the questions for Mystic from now on.
Oh, you sure can ask others, and I guess we'll be able to answer most questions. But Mystic has the final say.

Thanks for the answer, and sorry if I bothered you.
You didn't.

And its okay if you're going to limit us to Vanilla SRB2, I'll begin on something else for riders anyway.
Wait, I'm not limiting you ;)

Wait, have you secretly played my stage or something? :O

Oh, I just looked at your screenshots you supplied to me really, i mentalized the stage to see how it felt, and it was actually pretty fun!
Yes, technically I secretly played it in my mind.. :P

Huh? That was Fawfulfan who made the last post before you.

The first person that is most related to the OLDC. Which was you, with a bright red-orange name. I had more of a feeling I'd get a better response from you anyway, since you're there to support every OLDC, and decorated with a Judge title.

Oh, you sure can ask others, and I guess we'll be able to answer most questions. But Mystic has the final say.

Wait, I'm not limiting you ;)

Of course not :D

Quote fests are fun!

Last edited:
EDIT: I also have a question for you SpiritCrusher, are maps for different mods allowed in the OLDC, given that they still match up to the gametype specified in the category? Or must they be for vanilla SRB2? Because then this would be interesting and encourage people to make wads for other mods as well, SRB2Morphed and SRB2CB are collecting dust from the lack of modifications for it.

I'm pretty sure OLDC entries are strictly for Vanilla SRB2 only, last I checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back