Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was kidding aboוt the "give up" part, I didn't say anything about any custom music in levels. I like custom music. For me, the music is about 30%~25% of what's important on a level. (It's a shame you can't listen to it on most games, because new games usually have timed stages, and you can't really focus on listening... =\)

Last edited:
Level submitted.

srb20089.png

I see you made it a bit less black-and-white. Looks great, and you somehow managed to make these uber-realistic STONEWALL textures fit in.

Lol, "realistic"? Any of you guys been inside a pyramid full of sand and traps to see how they look like? :|
But that doesn't change the fact it looks awsome, well, except the fact the chains that are holding the fire are purple, unless I'm imaginning/color blind. The color just doesn't fit well with the enviroment...
Edit: Well, actually, this level's been submitted, nothing I can say now can change it... =X

well, except the fact the chains that are holding the fire are purple, unless I'm imaginning/color blind. The color just doesn't fit well with the enviroment...
They're actually gray, because chains are always gray unless you resprite them. Must be a slight optical illusion.

Edit: Well, actually, this level's been submitted, nothing I can say now can change it... =X
Actually, people can still update submitted stages.

They're actually gray, because chains are always gray unless you resprite them. Must be a slight optical illusion.
If you had actually bothered to look at the image, you'd realise that they're in fact purple. There's also a bit on the bottom walls, and I can't believe the COLORMAP table is so broken that it's using purple for a grayscale gradient, so either there's a colormap applied to the room or the screenshot was somehow botched. I hope.

If you had actually bothered to look at the image, you'd realise that they're in fact purple. There's also a bit on the bottom walls, and I can't believe the COLORMAP table is so broken that it's using purple for a grayscale gradient, so either there's a colormap applied to the room or the screenshot was somehow botched. I hope.

There's a grayscale colormap applied to the room, though much less than how it was before.

The purple on the chain is a part of the colormap, as the chains are on each corner of each torch sort of deal. Grey + colormap = exact colormap coloring. monitors and rail rings are sort of the same as well. Can't be helped.

If you had actually bothered to look at the image, you'd realise that they're in fact purple.
Oh I know they look purple. Maybe "optical illusion" was the wrong term, I meant "the game screwing it up". What I wanted to say is that the actual chains are still gray, the game just makes them look purple, and ZarroTsu didn't deliberately make them purple himself.

Katmint, did you use any of your monitors in it? Oh wait... The Gargolye monitor only works with coop because it needs someone pushing you after you destroy it, no?

A question about the rules... can I include bits and pieces of levels I've already released? I retextured all the walls and rounded some edges, but the general architecture and object placement of it is the same.

Well, try looking at the rules thread!

The Contest Rules said:
2. Previously released content is uneligible for the contest. In other words, if you have released the level on the forums or another level design contest, you may not enter it. Also, basing your map on another previously released SRB2 level is not allowed.
I'd say that gives you your answer pretty straight-up, and it's a resounding no.

t0mah2.png

Standing on the ceiling of a greenhouse?

Hmm... So much for custom music in my level... Just happened to notice that it's not allowed in CTF. I'm gonna guess no custom 'things' are allowed either?

Last edited:
Wait, custom music isn't allowed? But ripping music off another game and putting them in an OLDC stage is allowed?
Wierdness...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back