Suggestions

Ezer.Arch said:
CROSSHAIRCOLOR <color>

Changes the current/default color for crosshair.

Reason: In certain maps, the crosshair gets invisible, mainly when scenery is green.
Also CROSSHAIROPACITY.

Replace Spring Hill Zone with a better NiGHTS level. It is by far the ugliest zone in the pack, and that's ironic, because it's NiGHTS. It's also quite claustrophobic, and that kills the feeling of freedom that NiGHTS is supposed to give.

Edit the S_SKIN1 on sonic, knuckles and tails. In classic games sonic, tails and knuckles all ran on water when they reached thier runspeed. Image coming soon.

Change the way Fly is controlled. Keep ascending and descending exactly the same, but make it so you don't have to force the WASD keys down hard to make him move horizontally, and make it so he can stop sooner after you let go of the movement keys.

Customizable chase/race options. Think Metal Sonic from Sonic CD, add in, maybe a NiGHTS track system or something, and there you go. I'm thinking on the level of a real boss, too, so, say I wanted GFZ1 boss to chase Sonic, I'd be looking for a way to get him onto the track as well, while making shots during the chase/race.

Also, as I recall, the Change Music executor doesn't fade out the old music, and instead is just an abrupt switch. I'd really like some option that would make the music nicely fade out before switching.

What about crumbling blocks that fade away rather than fall past the ground? Or maybe some that break apart like a bustable FOF after being stepped on?

I got these ideas from Sonic 1, 2 and 3, since the way the crumbling blocks in those games 'crumble' are different to the way they do in SRB2.

Polyobjects that move a distance, and go back to where they start? This trick can be cool for eternally move places.

->When you play Team Match, there should be a way to change your team. IAMLEADER in the console should make you the "leader" of the team, unless someone else already is. The leader can add and remove users, change the name of the team, and be a representative for polls. You can use TAKE <user> to add someone to your team. They must agree to the join, and type JOIN <team> into the console. If they are already part of another team, SENDMTO <team> as the leader should send that person there. If the TEAMNAME changes the team's name.

-Polls. The host can type POLL <question> <number> <answers>. A window pops up on everyone's screen. It shows the question, and the answers. (numbered 0 through 9) Pressing the key next to your answer selects it.

Spincharge = 1,0

If one, player can charge their spin. If zero, pressing spin will cause them to dash forwards.

Ringslingerwait = time (in tics)

Determins how long you have to wait before firing again. If zero, it works like an auto ring.

Ringslingerdrain = 1,0

If one, firing drains rings. If zero, it won't.

>Maps from the Official Level Design Contests should be put in. Only the highest ranking ones, such as those that get an 8.5 score.
>Disable the -force perimeter from the console. Single-Player levels should be allowed for Hide and Seek and Tag, however, since it's common that people play those modes in them.
>After three minutes, players should earn a Time Over. (on the official levels, since custom ones can be much longer)

Let Tails follow Sonic in the game like on JTE; and please do something about the control tilt, everytime I press up, the player moves right until I change the map.

Mario lava bubbles. They jump back and forth. They disappear when they touch the ground. The height they jump at is determined by their height from the ground when they are spawned.

As for dealing with coop+no exit sectors, just have 1.1 kick everyone off the netgame if such a situation happens on the MS. This shall not apply to Emerald Hunts/Special Stages. I bet someone already said this, though; can't be bothered looking.

I can't believe no one has suggested a Race/Circuit revamp, yet.

Ah, well...

SRB2RacingConcept.png

I tried to make it look a bit like the Mario Kart series (recent). It's rushed, and a bit clunky, but it works as a concept, right?

place.png

Place/number of players

1st: Gold
2nd: Silver
3rd: Bronze
4th: Marble or whatever is 4th
5th and so on: Generic
Last: Reddish? I don't know.

Keeping track of places could be done by placing invisible things on the map that go along with the path (numbered somehow), of course only the checkpoints would matter for completing the lap.

lap.png

Laps

map.png

Map
The larger head is you. That's how it is in the recent Mario Karts, anyway...
This is where the Map to SVG thing could come in handy.

rings.png

Rings (0 would flash red and white of course)

time.png

Total Time

laptime.png

Lap Times (Lap Time refers to the current lap's time and it rolls with the time until you complete it)
Best lap should be highlighted, but the race hasn't been finished yet!

score.png

Score

lives.png

Lives

items.png

Items... which I hope will come to SOME use in the levels. Either timed, one-time use, or ammo, while having the special rings on the map regularly. (Ripped from a random 1.1 beta screenshot on some random person's sepwich account)

playercard.png

A player... card, thing, that should show up above the other players' heads as you get near them (fade in) like Mario Kart Wii! The color would be based on, I guess, the color you first chose when registering for that SRB2 Live thing, and your avatar would show up on the right. You could also add region and country if you wanted, as well as ranking, etc.

Well? Plausible or not?

Edit: ARGH. 2nd/4, and yet I only put three players on the map. Sorry.
x_X

Edit: Oh, and I believe that there should be some sort of key that allows you to open the extended display, regular display, and simplified display.

Extended: Everything
Regular: The lives, place, map, places, laps, rings, items, and time.
Simplified: Lives, place, laps, rings, items, and time.

Allowing the player to customize their display (turning certain features on/off) would be great, too.

You mean for NiGHTS races, right? Well, I always create my NiGHTS races so that you don't run out of Drill Dash, anyway. Unless something better is created, I wouldn't mind having my Wacky Track Zone replace Slumber Circuit Zone. My zone IS better. Just remove some of the Sky Change Linedef Executors. Maybe two sky changes per lap will be enough to not annoy people.

I'd like to see Wacky Workbench(Sonic CD)-style floors, where they would bounce you up very high whenever the floor was active. Of course, they would make the same sound effect as they did from SCD.

I may have suggested this before, but one thing I'd like to see is the ability to add custom palettes/textures without at the same time modifying the game. It would work in a similar fashion to how you can change the game's music somewhat, but you wouldn't be modifying music.dta or whatever. Rather, SRB2 1.1 would be able to support a "custom palette/texture/music" wad file, which the file's name would get selected by SRB2 based on what is put in config.cfg, or possibly selected ingame. In the custom wad file, you would make a MAINCFG which would show what palette/textures/music in CUSTOM.wad replace those from srb2.wad. Music wise, while the custom music could also replace those playing ingame, you would also be able to choose which number they play in through a new command called "CTUNES." When the custom wad is applied, all the new stuff that you wanted MAINCFG to appear in the game will do so. The game would not be considered modified, since palettes, music, and textures do not have any technical effect on gameplay. Since the game would be displaying everything through your computer, you would also be able to play netgames with others without them needing the file. Other things you could change would include watercolors/brightness/lights for a specific level(you would enter what watercolor/brightness/light value you'd want to change, and then you would put the new one in, so all bodies of water and the like that used that value will take on the appearance of the new value.

Now, some may argue that being able to change the palette and textures might possibly allow them to reveal secrets and the like by making them more noticeable. While I can't really think of any situation where that would be a big problem, perhaps SRB2 should only allow the ability to add custom graphics(music would be customizable from the start) after you finished the 1.1 Single Player once(if you didn't reach the Extra level, then you won't be able to edit textures that appear there until you beat that). In netgames, it shouldn't be a big deal either, as, say, making red/blue while in CTF probably won't do any real benefits, as they are already visible to begin with, and they'd just screwing up other textures in the process. And remember, all things done with the custom wads will only apply to whoever is using it's end, so don't worry about them making things "blend in," whatever they do won't touch the appearance of the other player's end at all.

We need some more NiGHTS-based features:

-Enemies that move along the NiGHTS axis.
-Faster acceleration. You reach your top speed as NiGHTS more quickly than Super Sonic.
-Items that respawn during the bonus time.

Electric Damage sectors should have an electricy sort of sound to go with it when you touch it and get hurt by it, similar to Spike sectors.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back