Master Server Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't even need to set that as the server name. As long as you are actually playing match while in Match mode, you're fine.

Let me see if I can give some examples of what is allowed and what isn't:

Coop mode in Sapphire Falls, yet ringslinger is on and everyone is fighting: Not allowed. The gametype is set as Coop, so you should be finishing levels. There is no exit in Sapphire Falls, so Coop is impossible here.

Match mode in Techno Hill Act 2, and everyone is shooting each other: Allowed. The gametype is Match, and everyone is playing match.

CTF in Meadow Match, everyone is shooting each other: Not allowed. There are no flags in Meadow Match, therefore CTF is impossible to do. If you want Team Match, set the gametype to Team Match.

Tag in Greenflower Act 2, playing Hide and Seek: Allowed. Hide and Seek is allowed as long as you are in the Tag gametype, as Tag and Hide and Seek are almost the same thing.

Coop in Thunder Citadel, playing Hide and Seek: Not allowed. Hide and Seek is not allowed in Coop mode, as Coop mode suggests that you are beating levels.

And a lot of arguments are based on people playing whatever they want. You ignored Draykon's point in using Connect via IP. If you want a role-playing game with your friends, tell them via any communication method you like (Save a public SRB2 netgame/SRB2 message board - That's chat and explicitly against the rules), give them your IP, and a time to connect. Met someone you want to play with in an SRB2 netgame, but have no way to contact them? Next time you two are both in a legitimate game, ask for some contact information, and set up a private game. It's not that hard, really.

Dark Warrior said:
And a lot of arguments are based on people playing whatever they want. You ignored Draykon's point in using Connect via IP. If you want a role-playing game with your friends, tell them via any communication method you like (Save a public SRB2 netgame/SRB2 message board - That's chat and explicitly against the rules), give them your IP, and a time to connect. Met someone you want to play with in an SRB2 netgame, but have no way to contact them? Next time you two are both in a legitimate game, ask for some contact information, and set up a private game. It's not that hard, really.
\

I understand, I just suggested the alternate server so it would just be easier. Speaking of IP, something is wrong with my EXE, it won't allow me to connect by IP.

You need to manually type in the other person's address. Either that, or the other person is behind a firewall. Fix using common method.

Dark Warrior said:
You need to manually type in the other person's address. Either that, or the other person is behind a firewall. Fix using common method.

I did that as well. It could be a firewall problem, but it never went through to any game, even the ones not listed on the master server.

mighty said:
Umm... yeah... heh heh... i'm really sorry about the "hangout server" :oops:

I'm really going to miss those hangout servers.I remeber when me and my friends did the buttracing glitch in SA City Zone.Good times, good times.

FuriousFox said:
You don't even need to set that as the server name. As long as you are actually playing match while in Match mode, you're fine.

Let me see if I can give some examples of what is allowed and what isn't:

Coop mode in Sapphire Falls, yet ringslinger is on and everyone is fighting: Not allowed. The gametype is set as Coop, so you should be finishing levels. There is no exit in Sapphire Falls, so Coop is impossible here.

Match mode in Techno Hill Act 2, and everyone is shooting each other: Allowed. The gametype is Match, and everyone is playing match.

CTF in Meadow Match, everyone is shooting each other: Not allowed. There are no flags in Meadow Match, therefore CTF is impossible to do. If you want Team Match, set the gametype to Team Match.

Tag in Greenflower Act 2, playing Hide and Seek: Allowed. Hide and Seek is allowed as long as you are in the Tag gametype, as Tag and Hide and Seek are almost the same thing.

Coop in Thunder Citadel, playing Hide and Seek: Not allowed. Hide and Seek is not allowed in Coop mode, as Coop mode suggests that you are beating levels.

You forgot.

Match in Lime Forest, and everyone is shooting each other:Allowed The gametype is Match, and everyone is playing match.

Okay it is the same as the one for coop but you get the point.

Silver360 said:
mighty said:
Umm... yeah... heh heh... i'm really sorry about the "hangout server" :oops:

I'm really going to miss those hangout servers.I remeber when me and my friends did the buttracing glitch in SA City Zone.Good times, good times.

And again, there's nothing stopping you. Just don't advertise on the Master Server. That simple.

Yeah I should have payed attention to the rules 'cause now I'm banned from the master server... and I was wondering.... How long am I banned for/ I've been banned since this Friday so... Its probably because I hosted a server with SA-CITY...

Super mystic sonic said:
Now I see the thing about coop, I say ew....

It should be about playing cooperative, not racing. Perfect example: Ringslinger is on. Tails carries Sonic to higher places in arial garden. OMG, yetty syns. Sonic shoots them down with ringslinger. Hurray, we saved the day with teamwork!

Now thats how it should be in coop. Not like this: Welcome to GFZ1! Thok, thok, thok, thok, thok, thok, thok, finish! And the others hardly had a chance to do something. Don't you think these kinda servers are just plain boring? Try race, thats where you should crazily thok, not.

Who does this most? Not the newbies, not the n00bs. But the pro's.

Sorry for the bump, but SMS is right. I came in FF's server once and he just thoked and didnt wait for us or nothing. And I kept telling him, "FF wiat 4 us!!!!!!"

supersonic45 said:
Sorry for the bump, but SMS is right. I came in FF's server once and he just thoked and didnt wait for us or nothing. And I kept telling him, "FF wiat 4 us!!!!!!"

Thats just the pro's spirit. Running trough the levels fast is supposed to be cool and doing alot for your reputation and stuff. Advanced players rather want to win the game then enjoy the game. Surely showing your speed is fun, but if that ruins the fun for the others, then don't do it too much.

Relax, explore, and enjoy the game.

FuriousFox said:
7. Use the correct gametype for what you are doing. If you're in coop, you should be completing the levels. If you're in Match, you should be shooting each other. Do not use coop mode in maps that do not support coop mode. Do not use coop mode when you are actually fighting each other. If you are fighting each other, use match. The Master Server shows which gametype the servers are currently playing in, so make sure that the gametype is actually accurate to what you are doing, so that people will not come in expecting to do one thing when you're really doing something else.

ok so if we're playing in say...greenflower zone in match mode BUT we're are playing it like a match is that ok?

a bunch of people are currently b*tching at me about this

if this IS against the rules do not ban me for i DID ask

PS may i add that was a REALLY fun game

Ok, I'm gonna say this as clearly as I can.

You can play match in any level with rings and starts. As long as you use the match gametype.

You can play coop in any level with an exit sector, a boss, an ideya capture thingie, or 3 pieces of the Master Emerald. As long as you use the coop gametype

You can play Tag in any level with rings. As long as you use the Tag gametype.

You can play race in any level with an exit sector, a boss, an ideya capture thingie, 3 pieces of the Master Emerald, or a lap counter. As long as you use the race gametype.

You can play CTF in any level with 2 flags, and 2 flag bases. As long as you use the CTF gametype.

You can play Hide and Seek in any level with rings, as long as you use the Tag gametype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back