pictochat on ds

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasuketo uzuchihamaki

I GO BY ICYCOLDLAVA™ NOW
Has anyone with a Nintendo DS ever notice how useless pictochat is? It has short range connection so you might as well talk to the person. The only use for it is for talking to a mute person. I don't think the makers of the DS ever thought of that.

Actually, if you were to use it in one of those Nintendo convention things, I would expect it would be pretty hard to hear the guy next to you.
Also, do you know how crowded Tokyo is?

My brother and I usually use it when we are separating in the mall or something. the signal actually goes pretty far. and you can send pictures to the person.

how far exactly does the signal go? I go 3 feet away from someone and the signal fails. Maybe its just me. :? If I was separated and had to use pictochat, I'd only be separated from one floor tile to the edge of another.

I used Pictochat on an airplane once, with 6 other people.

There's the usefulness of it.

(And yes, I did know the dangers of doing such a thing)

The manuels an' such say something about 20 feet, if I remember correctly.

Also, do you know how many people that could connect like that in Tokyo?

I'm not saying I do. I'm saying that Nintendo probably thought about their users in Japan with rival radar and such.

California, here I come. Right back where I started form...

Yeah, they don't use cars nearly as much in Japan. It's mostly walking and public transportation, so I'd imagine you could run into quite a few people with the Rival Radar and Pictochat.

Actually, I've found Pictochat kinda amusing for situations when you don't have paper and you want to play hangman or something similar with something you're bored in a room with. Size of the chat box is a little small, though.

I had loads of fun in pictochat while I was in Ocean City this year with some of my internet friends. Good times, man.

I find pictochat to be quite fun. Especially when you and the other guy(s) are in differen't rooms. The most fun thing to do is to make team pics. Ya know, HUGE drawings that you make using multiple screens. Example: SMS draws Sonic's head, Mystic draws Sonic's belly and arms, while Furiousfox draws Sonic's legs, feet, and hands. Place these drawings in the right order and voila!

And it seems my friends are a bunch of Nazi's. I'm trying to cook up stuff, while the 2 of them are playing with their DS'. I'm going to the table a bit later, and it seems they're making drawings of Hitler with a crowd that screams sieg heil. Oh....my god....now that was shocking to see.

I remember playing Pictochat, with my older cousin, two floors down from me...We usually just went into pictochat to either discuss what game to play next, play pictionary (as the name implies), or just chat. It works well as a fallback plan, if we d/c in the middle of a regular game.

So, yeah, I find Pictochat good the way it is, but it really doesn't serve much purpose, besides the odd occasion.

It would be more fun if Pictochat supported wifi, though.

While you do raise a point there, think of how Nintendo would of had it if they did go Wifi. After looking that their past attempts of something of an online mode, Wifi-enabled Pictochat would probably consist of random and useless friend codes, utterly abysmal restrictions (mostly brought up by the ESRB, angry moms, or Jack Thompson), and just being a constant pain to get it to do what you ever so desire.

thats not fair. My connection only goes to about 3 feet. I can still draw. I got my ds used so maybe someone messed up the connection somehow.If so then that person has been delaying me of an enjoyable pictochat conversation.I have to get uncomfortably close to the other person to get a good connection

Well, I pity you, but I do think we need a friend codes topic. However, I haven't bee on Wi-Fi yet with any of my favorite games yet, so my creating that topic would be a waste, seeing as how my Friend Codes haven't been generated yet.

Mystic said:
Actually, I've found Pictochat kinda amusing for situations when you don't have paper and you want to play hangman or something similar with something you're bored in a room with. Size of the chat box is a little small, though.
I use it to play hangman too.
I remember seeing a friend code topic somewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back