• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Strikesdventure VOL 2 - The Legand of The FIREHOG

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManimiFire

Meow Motherfuckers.
Hello guys,
I had an awesome idea. I mixed all your ideas and all your wads' things,
and I create an new amazing mod of an mystery adventure.
This adventure call: "STRIKESDVENTURE".
If you ask yourself why this adventure call like that, because it's adventure
about the mutant: "Strike the hedgehog".

I deliberately call this part "Vol 2"... the first just coming soon...

srb20063.png srb20066.png srb20067.png

I don't even know what to say.
This is going to be some LEGANDARY mod, I'm so hyped! YOU HAVE MY FULL SUPPORT!

In all seriousness though, it's a bunch of stolen content featuring another Sonic recolor. At this point, you should aim for something much simplier, something like, do your own stuff like simple levels and use SONIC and friends instead of original the sonic recolor. This is just echk.

Last edited:
ron-paul-its-happening-animated.gif

This wad looks really good so far! Especially the hedgehog that lurks in the shadows. The original content would overcome any wad on the mb to date, even Mystic Realm is nothing compared to these three screenshots of a legandary master piece. I give you my full support for this wad, call on me whenever you need help completing a masterpiece such as this, it'd be an honour.

Seriously though, please no.

Last edited:
Originality at it's finest.

Especially that Sonic original character.

Pretty much this topic in a nutshell:
images

Last edited:
First, from what I can see all the custom content shown off here is marked as reusable except for Dumbventure. If you want to use other people's custom content not marked as reusable you need to first get consent from the original creator.
Second, the third screenshot looks like a modified GFZ1. I wouldn't recommend reusing vanilla levels at all, it kinda defeats the purpose of custom content. :P

I would recommend starting over and first learning how to create your own custom content so you can create something original and worthwhile.

Last edited:
Guys apart from Knux576 stop it, you're not funny, even if you're right.

As for ManimiFire, I hope you consider what Knux576 said, particularly the part about Dumbventure not being reusable.

Also, if you didn't get the message from the terrible posts mocking your fan character, recolors aren't acceptable here:

Forum Rules said:
12.Do not post recolors, sprite rips, music replacements, or timer SOCs. These submissions will be rejected, and repeated submission will result in bans.

Knux576 beat me to the punch on pointing out that you need D00D's permission to use his content for your mod. This rule is pointed out under Submission Guidelines.

Also, if you haven't already, please take a look at the Level Design 101 section of the wiki. It'll give you some useful pointers on how to improve your level design, I can already see issues with texturing from your screenshots.

Incidentally, it might also be a good idea to start with something on a smaller scale than this. D00D for example didn't make Dumbventure as his first wad.

Thanks guys, I'll do my best!
But you need to remember that this is my first mod, so don't be angry
if something not okay...

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

Even if it's IS part of the tools of DUMBVENTURE,
I'll make him VERY more interesting, thrust me.
(Or I'll try...)

Thanks guys, I'll do my best!
But you need to remember that this is my first mod, so don't be angry
if something not okay...

Actually if anything being your first mod is not a protection from criticism (which is not the same as being angry, by the way). Speaking from the experience of myself and others, first mods tend to be awful and not really worth playing. For that reason most people don't post their first mods on the SRB2MB.

Even if it's IS part of the tools of DUMBVENTURE,
I'll make him VERY more interesting, thrust me.
(Or I'll try...)

You still need permission from D00D64 to use Dumbventure if you do continue with this, either way.

Seriously, please start small, these forum goers are trying to keep you from making a bad decision. While I have no actual say since I tried to release a small map with 3 platforms, getting used to making maps and a 'decent mod' will take time and lots of creativity. Also as awesome as a fan character of Sonic is, not a single one can be better than the original hedgehog himself. You can "cameo" your fan character into a level, but try to do a little more than making it the star or a playable character.

Or you could come up with an actually original design that wasn't just a painted over Sonic. You'll feel much more proud of an unique design over a Sonic edit for a character.

Yeah maybe it's right, but I don't leave this mod now...
If do you want, I can send you the previous story's scene
and maybe it's like the Dumbventure story's scene, but it's
very interesting... And I ask him for the mod...

Alright, I've been too lazy to actually log in to answer, and since joke time is over, I might as well just be blunt with it, and post here so that everyone can see it.

You do not have permission to use anything from Dumbventure. Not any assets, not any code, not anything else. If you want stuff like what you see in Dumbventure, either look elsewhere, or figure it out yourself. If you can't, then you're just gonna have to start smaller.

It's true, you don't want to just use a bunch of everyone else's content and call it a wad. But I would recommend playing around with some of those files and seeing how they work; once you get a better handle on thing, make your own scripts and wads from scratch and submit them to the forums. (And keep in mind that if a script is marked as reusable, you can still use it.)

It's really important that you start small also, because things like characters and maps are a lot of work. You don't want to get too ambitious then get burned out a quarter of the way through. Believe me, a lot of us have been there.

Or you could come up with an actually original design that wasn't just a painted over Sonic. You'll feel much more proud of an unique design over a Sonic edit for a character.

Or, you'll give up about a quarter of the way through because character wads are obscenely difficult to make sprites for and usually they're wasted effort. For fuck's sake, I can't believe we're still advising this to newcomers.

Just don't do character wads that require sprites, it's not worth it unless you're already a dedicated spriter. Do simpler stuff, like lua scripts that change a character's ability and whatnot.

You do not have permission to use anything from Dumbventure. Not any assets, not any code, not anything else.

Well. Thats all folks. *looney rooms outro*

But serouisly. Try something original. Like motorroach suggested. I bet it will be much more interesting if you made something original

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back