What Happened to the Master Server?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, but this message board was off yesterday so I thought it was because of that, but it turns out it isn't.

I think maybe it's for 2.1. JTE or somebody was probably testing the netcode for 2.1. If the Master Server was down for another reason or maintenace, it would probably be posted in the News section. All of these are guesses but I have a feeling that it's something for 2.1.

EDIT: Refer to post #4, 5, & 6.

Last edited:
Why does it all go back to "Something special must have happened?"

The Master Server goes down frequently. This is not indicative of 2.1 testing whatsoever.

Here's a hint for you.
All internal testing is done without the master server.

The MS is back up anyway. It crashed because the log file was full, not because of any weird conspiracies to crash it.

Last edited:
The MS is back up anyway. It crashed because the log file was full, not because of any weird conspiracies to crash it.
Crashed it? I thought it was down as in a good way not down as in the Master Server crashed. Anyways, problem solved.

Crashed it? I thought it was down as in a good way not down as in the Master Server crashed. Anyways, problem solved.

Down in a good way? How does that make sense at all?

The Master Server is and always has been just a list of advertised SRB2 servers, there's no reason to take it down for an SRB2 release.

Down in a good way? How does that make sense at all?

The Master Server is and always has been just a list of advertised SRB2 servers, there's no reason to take it down for an SRB2 release.

There was once, but that was due to a big migration to a new system, and even then we were testing it for months on a different port (the system in question is the MB-integrated one you see today).

We also EXPLICITLY said that it was down for that reason and were quite clear that we had planned downtime and why. Unplanned downtime does not mean that we're trying to be stealthy about it; it just means that something broke and there's nothing to be excited about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back