What Is The Best Mario RPG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLpresents

What Is The Best Mario RPG? Well i'm pretty sure the best Mario RPG is Mario Legend Of The Seven Stars in my opinion it's the best game on VC [virtual console] I just really love this game.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. The original PM comes in close, though.

SMRPG:LOTSS is my favorite, not counting super paper mario. M&L series is my least favorite, but its still fun.

The Thousand Year Door ranks up as one of my favourite games on the GameCube. I simply couldn't get enough of it.

That said, Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga was pretty damn awesome, too.

SMRPG is my favorite, though unfortunately it's also the easiest by far; even if I didn't have a decade of experience with it, I could beat the game with my eyes closed as long as I take my time. (PROTIP: Kill every non-regenerating minor enemy you see, and the game will stop pretending to be tough as early as Kero Sewers. By the time you get to Smithy, you'll be at the level cap.)

Paper Mario: TTYD and Mario & Luigi: SS also rate high on my list. The rest of the games are great, but not as good as those three, IMO.

Thousand Year Door. When it first came out, I rented it from blockbuster for a week and played it nonstop only to run out of time on the last day, unable to beat the last boss.

I'm tied between Paper Mario and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.

They both were great.

I like the partners more in Paper Mario like Parakarry. I like how everything is set up, the story, what Mario has to go through, and everything was great. I just wished you could have saved at the end and see how things turned out after the parade with Peach.

In Paper Mario: TTYD, It had and even better storyline but they had partners I liked but didn't get till later. I also liked how you could change the color of your Mario clothes and the newly added Yoshi to the story. And my fav part was the wrestling and that you could start all over again if you wanted to. You could also go back after everything is done but I'm not sure but I don't think you can fight the last boss again.

I don't know which one to choose.

Earuto said:
I like the partners more in Paper Mario like Parakarry. I like how everything is set up, the story, what Mario has to go through, and everything was great. I just wished you could have saved at the end and see how things turned out after the parade with Peach.

I see the lack of saving at the ending as a double-sided coin personally. While it does mean that every time you play the save, everyone's all like "save peach omg", I think it allows you to further appreciate the ending; you can't save, so it's the best opportunity to settle down from the game and talk to every single person that shows up to the party as well as check yours and your partner's last received messages.

Something to that extent, anyway... it's hard for me to explain.

Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. No one can argue with that. Best Mario RPG/puzzle game ever. End of discussion.

Thousand Year Door. It's the best Mario RPG, and one of my favorite games as well. The fact that you can play the game after you finish it is just fantastic.

Eblo the Hedgehog said:
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. No one can argue with that. Best Mario RPG/puzzle game ever. End of discussion.
that and thousand year door, I really can't choose.

TTYD, I found it extremely fun and addicting.

Also, would Super Paper Mario classify as an RPG? It has RPG elements, even though it's mostly a platformer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back