Sonic Robo Blast completed without cheats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't played the original SRB in quite a while for the simple reason that it is really hard, and I would guess trying to beat it without cheats is damn near impossible. And, being a Klik & Play game, it's got its fair share of glitches and other quirks.

I think he originally thought the original poster was talking about Sonic robo blast 2.

I have completed the original SRB, but I used the 99 lives cheat AND passwords. I haven't tried to beat it without the cheats, but it is almost impossible because of the killingdead glitch and some of the cheap shots the game throws at you. I bet only sonikku can really beat the game without any cheats. (I hear that he can also hit the baddies every time without the killingdead glitch, I think it has something to do with what frame it is in)

I think he originally thought the original poster was talking about Sonic robo blast 2.

I have completed the original SRB, but I used the 99 lives cheat AND passwords. I haven't tried to beat it without the cheats, but it is almost impossible because of the killingdead glitch and some of the cheap shots the game throws at you. I bet only sonikku can really beat the game without any cheats. (I hear that he can also hit the baddies every time without the killingdead glitch, I think it has something to do with what frame it is in)

What exactly is killingdead? Does it make you die when hitting an enemy? I'm sure it's a Sonic Robo Blast 2 command too.

It was a glitch in SRB1 that caused you to get hurt sometimes if you hit an enemy. And yes, you can reproduce this effect with the 'killingdead' command in SRB2.

Yep, Sonikku can finish the game... and he can also avoid the killingdead bug, as there is some kind of trick to how you can avoid triggering it. Maybe next time I see him I'll ask him to demo it to me in person, muahahahaha....

I remember asking him personally about how he managed to beat the game while avoiding the killingdead bug on srb2dev or something. I seem to remember that he said he avoided hitting the badniks when it was inbetween frames or something. I have no idea how someone could have that kind of timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back