Pokemon:Black&White

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like grass´s gonna be this time´s favorited starter Pokémon, the most common starters are:

Gen 1: Charizard
Gen 2: Feraligatr
Gen 3: Blaziken
Gen 4: Empoleon
Gen 5: Milotic-like, grassy... thing

Also notice how these look inspired from different Pokemon Mixes. Like Magmortar-Rhyperior, Rapidash-Walrein and Milotic-Creselia.

10 more days! 10 more days until we see the new 150!

Wonder what they´ll come up next? We already have:

Elemental Bird Pokémon
Original Pokémon
Volcano, River and Thunderstorm Pokémon
Holy Phoenix Pokémon
Oceanic Pokémon
Forest Spirit Pokémon
Mechanic Guard Pokémon
Sea Forger Pokémon
Land Forger Pokémon
Extratospheral Dragon Pokémon
Wish Granter Pokémon
Alien Pokémon
Spirit, Wisdom, Willpower Pokémon
Time Forger Pokémon
Space Forger Pokémon
Devil Pokémon
Volcano Pokémon
Moon Pokémon
Sea Spirit Pokémon
Nightmare Pokémon
Gratitude Pokémon
Creator Pokémon... With a totem pole.

Anyways, I think that Arceus is not suppoused to be like a Christian God, wich is almighty and undeniable, but more like an origin God, he made all existing Pokémon, but nothing else, like a blade forger, one can forge a blade, but that doesn´t mean one´s stronger than the blade. Hope they come out with some good ideas (IF THERE´S ANYTHING THEY HAVN´T DONE YET!)

Gen 2: Feraligatr

I don't know peple usually pick Cydaquil as the started and got a typhlosion.

But I have to agree with Mystic, why fix something if it ain't broke. I personally love the gameplay, it's the same and it doesn't get old at least, now it hasn't. I enjoy it and no matter what this is the best way to go.

Okayyy since I saw this has like thread has like 11 pages and I wanna say all I know about this game, but dont wanna read all the pages to see if its posted- ill just post what I got.
It now uses 3d more than it was used in the goldenrod tower in HG/SS
You can play WITH other people on it (not only in battles! You actually WALK with them trough the isshu region, along with doing a few online missions! Tough I think its wireless...)
The game has some converting mechanic that lets you convert 6 pokemon each time from older generations (diamond, pearl, platinum, hg and ss, cause they cant connect with B&W) and while at it, you need to play a minigame called miracle shooter to capture all the converted pokemon. Not known if you can use this once each 24 hours like from the GBA to DS games in pal park or not.
Has a pokemon musical instead of contests. Yeepie.
ALSO! One big thing! The game isnt just sprites anymore, everything's moving!
In battles, theres triple battles (as you might know), rotation battles (I dont really get what's that...) and the ability to combine attacks that are the same name just diffrent types, if you use them in the correct order.
Ex: use the new attack Grass Oath then Fire Oath and it'll... Do something... That adds stat or stuff... I forgot =P
The enemy team (like galactic, rocket) is team Plasma, they have even wierder suits than galactic! (If thats possible)
... I think these are all the things worth telling.... Anyway as you sure know since it was in the first page- www.serebii.net provides alot of info for this game, and it keeps updating almost daily, or weekly, to be exact.

The games have been released in Japan, so Serebii should have most of everything. Other Pokemon sites might have more, though. Beware of spoilers.

I'm loving the new Dual type Fire types, personally(check to see what combos I am talking about, don't want to give away possible spoilers).

I started reading through how it goes in Pokemon Black and White. The Pokemon and story seem very, very surreal. i don't like how there are only 18 routes though.

But I'm VERY excited about this game. :D
The Pokemon look amazing (besides those flying legendaries -.-) and the new attacks and environments look excellent, especially how you find the Pokemon now. I can't wait to look through sand to try and find Moguryuu (that mole Pokemon). XDD

All in all, let's see how quickly the ROM comes out. ;P

Hmm, there´s a Dragon-only Pokémon with 140 base Attack and 110 base speed, wich learns Outrage, Earthquake and stuff... Now we know who we´ll see in every single online matches from now on.

Aw man, Pokabu's evos will be more Fire/Fighting again! More originality needed, people! Oh well, it's probably what I'll want for this game anyway.

Fire/Fighting starter... AGAIN? Heck no... Another thing that bothers me is that there aren´t any good non-starter/non-legend fire Pokémons out there. Magmortar is the only one with a high tier, and Magmortar sucks.

2 Signature Moves for the Main Legends... NO WAI DIUD.

Way to spur anticipation, Nintendo.

Way a minute, they don't have to do shit, anyway! People will buy it just because it's fucking Pokemon! How the hell is this going to help Nintendo at all?

Well, it's frequently hard to know if the name is intentionally designed to sound like English or not. All Pokemon names are written in katakana, regardless of where the words come from that make up their name. Hence, you get some Pokemon that are have clear English words making up their names, you get some Pokemon that have clear Japanese words making up their names, and you get some that are a mix or even neither.

It's not really possible for Serebii to guess the intent of the author on every case, so it's generally best just to leave it.

On the subject of the game, though, it's phenomenal. I've been playing off and on and having a ton of fun, especially messing around with the new Pokemon. I can't wait until this is released locally so I can play against my friends in the new metagame.

I haven't been looking into this game that much but these Pokemon looks really cool. This probably won't be a day one purchase from me, but I'm certainly getting it. If only because I like battling online, and finding random people is FINALLY in.

I´m confused, wich is Black and wich is White? Smogon says the one with the white legendary is black, it´s all just so messed up.

I´m confused, wich is Black and wich is White? Smogon says the one with the white legendary is black, it´s all just so messed up.

That's right. It's supposed to be a play on the concept of yin and yang (a little bit of white in Black or visa versa, you could say). Just remember, the legendary Pokemon you'll get is the one that's on the game's front cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back