• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

[SUGOI 2] Sonic Uncovers Banning And Realizes Anime Spoilers Hurt Intricate Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
btw the SUGOI 2 room SSG3 wrote that.

I believe my map is done now. ^_^
srb20081.gif

DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7tplsn02pu3tayx/IceCap3D.wad?dl=0

TITLE: Ice Cap
CREDITS: Thanks to TehRealSalt for the Ice Cap music and SSG3 for Level Design assistance
MAINTAINER NOTES: MY MAP NOW REQUIRES srb2assetpack-21.wad TO WORK!

Last edited:
Your green ice textures are missing. As well as all your other custom textures.

Last edited:
Your green ice textures are missing. As well as all your other custom textures.

You need to add srb2assetpack-21.wad in order for those textures to show up which is in the opening post and will be added when the pack it's released.

ah ok, well for future reference, please include that we need this wad file when posting your download links. Just because a resource is available for use when creating the stage, doesn't mean we know we have to use it when testing.

Last edited:
Here is my map for SUGOI 2 - Empty Sanctum Zone, a Nights map.
imR1jWq.png

lbYdAxV.png

v4scRYr.png

Download: The map is attached
Title: Empty Sanctum Zone
Credits: Music - Corridors of Time from Chrono Trigger.
Custom textures are from the FreeDoom SRB2 texture pack.
Maintainer Notes: Change the text for emblem hint 3 from "ring" to "sphere" if this map is to become a special stage.

Attachments

• s_emptysanctumv3.zip
    248.3 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
So will this just be a normal NiGHTS map, or did you intend to make this a special stage? Either way, the map is really nice, I really do wish we get more NiGHTS map overall, and not just for this.

Maintainer Notes: Please make equivalent of Retro Hills from SUGOI 1. Crappiness intentional.[/quote]

I'm not looking at this, let alone giving it special treatment. Stating plainly that your map is "supposed to be crappy" is pretty much the first thing that will get me to decline it. I don't care about bad maps as long as the author put effort into it, since amazing, perfect 10 maps aren't expected. After all, the deadline's only a month long. But I start having a problem with them if they are intentionally terrible because you want anything with your name on it to submit, or just because it's the "joke". I get legitimately furious at people insisting I throw out someone else's entry because it's not up to their standards, so stuff like this just feels like an insult to that.

Feel free to update this if you change your mind on making something bad; this being a speedmap compilation doesn't make it an excuse to make something purposely awful in an hour.

[spoiler="Empty Sanctum Zone" by Chaobrother]Woah, a really nice surprise! I'll need some time to try mastering this before I can give much detailed feedback, but any NiGHTS levels are great to see. I really like the visuals~[/spoiler]

Uh, turns out I didn't have much to say this time around (other than for Mario Hills), oops. Hopefully I'm helpful anyhow?

Last edited:
I made the map with the intention of being a special stage if need be. Regardless, the map has unlockables which should be fun to get even if it is not a special stage.

I'm not looking at this, let alone giving it special treatment. Stating plainly that your map is "supposed to be crappy" is pretty much the first thing that will get me to decline it. I don't care about bad maps as long as the author put effort into it, since amazing, perfect 10 maps aren't expected. After all, the deadline's only a month long. But I start having a problem with them if they are intentionally terrible because you want anything with your name on it to submit, or just because it's the "joke". I get legitimately furious at people insisting I throw out someone else's entry because it's not up to their standards, so stuff like this just feels like an insult to that.

Feel free to update this if you change your mind on making something bad; this being a speedmap compilation doesn't make it an excuse to make something purposely awful in an hour.
Uh, turns out I didn't have much to say this time around (other than for Mario Hills), oops. Hopefully I'm helpful anyhow?
...ok, I should clarify something.
That was a big ol' excuse because I KINDA not only suck at mapping, but can't use most of the time given.
....yeah, I don't blame you for disqualifying me.
Just in case:
srb20001.png

The one change.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9derzqb0z6auy3a/NEW.wad?dl=0

Last edited:
...ok, I should clarify something.
That was a big ol' excuse because I KINDA not only suck at mapping, but can't use most of the time given.
....yeah, I don't blame you for disqualifying me.

I highly advise you to give Level Design 101 a read and practice mapping in your spare time. With any luck you'll have enough skill in time for the next big mapping event. Best of luck :)

"Mockio Goomba Stomp" Mario Hills: Right off the bat, I turn around and there are rendering problems with the floor. Before turning around, the room gives off a cramped feeling worse than SRB2 Halloween Tech. You even have a bunch of goombas right at the first checkpoint, you don't even have any coins available before it, let alone the first goomba. Surprisingly, you made that checkpoint pointless by having the level end right past it.

"Hallow Altar" Empty Santum: First off, I'm surprised you don't start off right on top of the super transformer, and second, while not NiGHTS Sonic, you can stand on the sky floor without dieing.

There's also a visual glitch on the first structure.

Why does Water reduce your time? There is nothing to indicate it should as you can even freely run around in the water as normal sonic. Aside from those issues, it's a very solid stage and I was even able to complete it as just normal sonic too. I am disappointed there were no exploration bonuses for going around the map as normal sonic though.

Attachments

• srb20027.png
    srb20027.png
    228.8 KB · Views: 268
On the other hand: Introducing the current progress of Unknown Temple, a dimensional ruins that is secretly being invaded by an unknown evil force, you don't have much time to explore, so quickly find the Chaos Emerald in under 2 minutes!

(I need to bother RedEnchilada to see about the HUD timer thing so its still a WIP)

https://gfycat.com/NiftyGrimyDeviltasmanian

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back