The Official SRB2 Launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSNTails

What part of 'RETIRED' don't you understand?
I've been doing some more Win32 programming lately, this time on the desktop, and I may have some extra time to work on a REAL official SRB2 launcher. But I was wondering... what should it look like? What options should it have?

Please no 'stupid' ideas (like "maek sonci sing and dance to u while u pick optoins"), but feel free to post screenshots of GUI mockups, etc.

Current Screenshots:

launch1.png

launch2.png

launch3.png

An option to save settings, it's annoying having to input "-mb 96" and checking the OGL box everytime I open it.

Maybe a small servers list, with a reload button to show current servers that are up?

All the stuff that the current srb2 launcher has too. :P

maek sonci sing and dance to u while u pick optoins

Please, have it support subfolder wads too. It's not too often I add things to the game, but when I do...I add tons of junk. =P

I like the current launcher that is out :(

i cant seem to think of anything to add to the launcher

There are a million things that could make the current launcher better, in my opinion. No software is perfect, Flame.

Do you know that command were it launches srb2 with the all the WADs you want to play with? How about you make it so you can start srb2 with socs running too. ^_^

Oh, and also, maek sonci sing and dance to u while u pick optoins.

FoxBlitzz said:
There are a million things that could make the current launcher better, in my opinion. No software is perfect, Flame.

how can you say 'No software is perfect'?
i use software mode because i find no errors in it... and in my opinion, i can spot many bugs with openGL mode that make OGL mode Suck...

I hate OGL... PERIOD! :x

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
FoxBlitzz said:

how can you say 'No software is perfect'?
i use software mode because i find no errors in it... and in my opinion, i can spot many bugs with openGL mode that make OGL mode Suck...

I hate OGL... PERIOD! :x
Way to completely misinterpret his post. He doesn't mean Software mode, he means software in general. And he's right; even the best of software might have a few quirks here and there that bug you as time goes on. That's what patches and upgrades are for. :)

BTW, OpenGL rocks. Hardware acceleration FTW

And auto updater that'll update srb2 and the launcher.

No more outdated games :).

A small set of directions easily accessible inside of the program to keep noobs from asking us stupid questions about how to add wads.
I also second the ability to add wads in subfolders.

One more thing that would be REALLY neat. If the wad has it, how about loading up a little preview image of the level into the launcher?

..oh yeah. More easter eggs! *clicks on Sonic*

How about saving WAD configurations. Like, say, you like playing the game with X skin with X level pack with X anything else. You can make a quicksave, and one section of the launcher has a space to read multiples of these configuration saves.

Dark Warrior said:
How about saving WAD configurations. Like, say, you like playing the game with X skin with X level pack with X anything else. You can make a quicksave, and one section of the launcher has a space to read multiples of these configuration saves.

Ooo...me likey your idea!

DW, basically saving workspaces? Great idea!
Make it have... the ability to add "QwikSoc", basically you create SOC code in a little box. When the game is launched, a SOC file is created with the stuff you typed in and then SRB2 is launched with it along with any other wads.

.soc and .srb extension support for the addfile menu(that is, you can make it look for those specific filetypes as opposed to typing in the filename), master server selection(as in it checks the master server if you tell it to), IP adress book, automatic port change(so you don't have to type in the port number if it isn't the SRB2 default), name setting for the singleplayer menu, a checklist for the different paramiters(with text entry, when it is more than a true/false paramiter) for the different - related stuff you would normally put in the "additional paramiters" box(which should be kept, and renamed to "manual paramiters"), and directory specific addfile(that is, it will load the file from exactly where you told it to, even if a file by the same name is in an earlier directory). Finally, you should be able to determine addfile order after adding the files to the list. That pretty much covers it.

furyhunter600 said:
Make it have... the ability to add "QwikSoc", basically you create SOC code in a little box. When the game is launched, a SOC file is created with the stuff you typed in and then SRB2 is launched with it along with any other wads.

COPY CATER! YOU COPIED MY IDEA! :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back