A Trio of 2.2 Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, let's all stop and talk about the gifs Nev3r/RedEnchilada/MotorRoach/monster-of-the-week post without any context and without any confirmation by any of the dev team whether it is something actually intended for 2.2+ or whether someone's just foolin' around.

Because you know if you fool around and you don't got a orange username then you're gonna get in trouble~

Sorry, I thought my GIF didn't really need much context as it is quite visual, and this is a topic about 2.2. Yes, it's an animation, recorded from srb2, from a 2.2 trunk build, depicting a segment of the DSZ that is on the work for 2.2's release.

EDIT: also barbtrading should be allowed regardless of usertitles.

Last edited:
I'm really glad that's the real DSZ. I was a bit worried that it was a test that wouldn't make it into the proper game. Now I'm hyped.

Devs, what do you guys think of doing something like a screenshot/GIF of the week and posting it here? That would make discussion of 2.2 much more fun.

Devs, what do you guys think of doing something like a screenshot/GIF of the week and posting it here? That would make discussion of 2.2 much more fun.

I think a screenshot a week would be a bit too generous and would probably spoil some surprises the devs have for us. This gif gives everyone enough 2.2 hype for now. RedEnchilada said that another preview will come soon, but I hope he wasn't reffering to this gif, because a few screenshots and some descriptions would give us much more to talk about than this (awesome) DSZ preview.

Whatever happened to the whole "we're never adding slopes" thing? How much of the game are you changing here? Are we going back on the whole "not supporting more than 1 MD2 character" thing too?

(I'm kidding, I'm not angry and this is awesome.)

(also maybe the MD2 thing did happen, I'm out of the loop like Sticks is out of her mind)

I'm not in the IRChat all that often, so I haven't really kept up with development, boy was I in for a surprise. That's amazing, Nev3r. Everything about it. Wow.

RedEnchilada said that another preview will come soon, but I hope he wasn't reffering to this gif, because a few screenshots and some descriptions would give us much more to talk about than this (awesome) DSZ preview.
There was talk about another news post at one point within the dev team, but I think I need to badger Mystic about it more. There's definitely enough little tidbits stockpiled up for another one.

also one of my secret dev dreams is to become the guy who writes newsposts c: even if it'll never happen :c

Holy shit DSZ looks amazing I get lost world (the action stage from sonic adventure 1) vibes from looking at that

Last edited:
srb20022.gif

ok

Wait...what. Can I make my Lost World ( the game) mod now?
Is DSZ1 the only act that is going to be remade or is DSZ2 on the way too?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back