Suggestions

I can say leave the boss like this. It's the easiest one of 'em all, it gives me a little break from the tension of the previous acts :P I just thok at him when I see it.

>greentexting outside of 4chan

The solution to the GFZ3 issue will likely be limiting the Z momentum on bounce to a fixed maximum. Ezpz and everyone's happy.

Quite frankly, just making Eggman turn away if he gets close to a player would reduce the effectiveness of the cheese tactic. I don't think it'd eliminate it entirely, but it'd make it harder to use effectively. I dunno if that'd be an overall good idea to add to the boss, but it's a better idea than trying to force a gimmick in without a good reason.
Doesn't he already do that? I know THZ Eggman likes to suddenly and arbitrarily reverse course as he approaches the player.

I think there should be a reboot command that restarts the entire game and removes any previously added mods in the process. That way I don't have to exit the game and start it back up again just to go into record attack. That might seem a bit lazy, but the quit command is already in the game. I don't see why a reboot command would be so bad.

Been suggested before, been attempted before, and did not work.
Also should note that SRB2 is pretty much the only Doom source port I've ever seen that lets you load files while the process is running. Every other one requires you to have everything lined up at process execution time. So, y'know, it's not like having to exit to get your fresh slate back is unique to SRB2 or anything.

Doesn't he already do that? I know THZ Eggman likes to suddenly and arbitrarily reverse course as he approaches the player.

He likes to turn around, but it's totally random when he does. At least, as far as I can tell

Just tested this out and Eggman was on the opposite side of me when he decided to make a turn around. Also I was camping in the same spot and he continued to come at me.

It was planned that we'd make him turn around if you were in his way for 2.1, but for some reason it didn't make it before release.

To make the first boss easier, maybe you should make it so that when he fires his laser he doesn't change direction? I wouldn't know how new players approach this boss, but the laser flinging everywhere from moving and jumping to the side seems like it could be disorienting to players not accustomed to the controls. Either way, it might help with the disproportionate difficulty in bosses.

Last edited:
For version 2.2, can you add in availability for 3D models without mods by typing in this command:

dimens <charname>(Sonic,Tails,KTE) <dimensions>(3D,2D)

Thank you! ;3

To make the first boss easier, maybe you should make it so that when he fires his laser he doesn't change direction? I wouldn't know how new players approach this boss, but the laser flinging everywhere from moving and jumping to the side seems like it could be disorienting to players not accustomed to the controls. Either way, it might help with the disproportionate difficulty in bosses.
I could've sworn there was a flag for eggman to shoot his laser vertically in Doom Builder...

Here's 2 ideas for Arid Canyon Zone bossfights.
Idea 1: Eggman is in a Wild-West decorated Eggmobile, and he tosses little cactus balls at you at a rapid pace, which you gotta avoid. He's too high to jump up and hit, so you gotta use a set of rope pulleys to get to his height and hit him while avoiding the cacti.
Idea 2: Eggman is still in a Wild-West decorated Eggmobile, and he's using a lasso which he throws at you, which of course you have to avoid. If he catches you in his lasso, he yanks you back to the Eggmobile, and you lose all of your rings or die if you don't have any. Eggman is too high to hit normally, so when he throws his lasso at you, he lowers and it's your chance to hit him.

Also, another note for ACZ: Make the cacti harmful.

We already have plans for ACZ's boss, thanks.
OK, I hope you enjoyed reading anyway.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

An idea for a CTF level:
Scrambled Sector:
A strange space-themed level where the 2 bases and space in between are not symetrical at ALL. The two bases have completely different layouts, and the land between is loaded with weapon rings and it's very large. It can go last.
Strange idea for a concept:
A NiGHTS-gameplay match stage. It's far-fetched but it sounds fun.
Match Weapon idea:
Chance Ring: A ring where if you shoot it at something, there are 3 possible outcomes: 1: It actually deals damage to the victim, 2: It deals damage to the shooter as normal with match rings, or 3: Absolutely nothing happens at all. The ring looks like a blue question mark.

- Chance Ring: A ring where if you shoot it at something, there are 3 possible outcomes: 1: It actually deals damage to the victim, 2: It deals damage to the shooter as normal with match rings, or 3: Absolutely nothing happens at all. The ring looks like a blue question mark.
That's a direct downgrade from the default Red Ring weapon, unless I've misunderstood something.

I don't know if there could be any software limitations related to this but; if Tails flies by tapping the jump button, why it could not be made by holding to ascend and releasing to descend just like in Sonic Adventure? I thought maybe that could give more control to Tails flght, given that the most of the time I find myself tapping the directional keys too when moving in mid air.

There's no limitation for that at all, and plenty of SRB2 modificiations opt for what's called "holdfly". I've spoken to Mystic about it and the response was, in short, that tapping to fly like the genesis games feels more like "an active effort".

̄\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) _/ ̄

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back