Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Medivo was major failure, but this looks just cool.

Yes, thank you for quoting his ENTIRE POST. I am so gonna enjoy crolling through it every time I come to this page.

Anyway, my old level is as good as scrap, and since I'm just a terrible mapper, I dunno if I'll make a new one.

Anyway, my old level is as good as scrap, and since I'm just a terrible mapper, I dunno if I'll make a new one.
Now now, that's an exaggeration. You're certainly not the best mapper around here, but you made some decent stuff already.

Well Medivo flopped, but it wasn't a total failure. (Just a major one) I still pulled a few things from it that may resurface later, though the polyobject one will have to wait until they are properly rendered.

But anyway, The next contest will be seeing Icicle Warehouse Act 1 (SP).

Well, Medivo was major failure, but this looks just cool.
What happened to your quote tags?

Looks like Tails is going to have an easy time at where the second picture is.

Edit: And where the 4th one is too.

Last edited:
Is the stage sepuse to be one of the first zones in a pack? IMO there's too many springs on each platform, making such gimmick too easy.
Also, I'm kinda scared to get to the place where the forth screenshot was taken. If those were blue springs, okay... But yellow ones? O-O

Is the stage sepuse to be one of the first zones in a pack?
It's a Race stage, not Single Player.

IMO there's too many springs on each platform, making such gimmick too easy.
If the platform is full of springs, that makes it much harder, not easier. You can't stand on the platforms, so you have to bounce perpetually and change your direction in mid-air.

If the platform is full of springs, that makes it much harder, not easier. You can't stand on the platforms, so you have to bounce perpetually and change your direction in mid-air.
No, I mean like, in Arieal Garden Zone in Mystic Realm, there was also a part with that, just the platforms that were full of springs were much smaller, making it alot harder to aim at them. That's what I meant.

Guess who's gonna try entering the 1P division again?

srb20320.png

srb20321.png

Icicle Warehouse Act 1 submitted.

I've also added something for if you play the level with a completed save file as Tails or Knuckles.

Last edited:
Hehe, I have a really cool idea. I scrapped my other one for now, It was gonna be based off of Tree Top Town from Donkey Kong Country, but I have an even better one going, one that doesn't require excessive FOF's.

srb20437.png

THOSE OF YOU THAT BET THIS WONT MAKE IT PAST EARLY ALPHA RAISE YOUR HAND
Oh, and temporary textures are temporary.

And yes, characters are OK as long as they're in the same wad as the map. At least, I think I herd that somewhere. This version of Sonic is more than just looks though; he's tweaked to work in 2D mode without SRB1 stats, and has a special ability...

Last edited:
Flooded Mine Zone Act 1

I might as well have a crack at entering this contest.
srb20027.png

Flooded Mine Zone Act 1
Current Problems = The map isn't finished yet (otherwise it would have been submitted)
Some minor to severe HOM.
Current Percent Complete = Around 5%

srb20440.png

srb20438.png

[15:41] <SpiritCrusher> Um D00D
[15:41] <SpiritCrusher> I hope those are placeholder graphics
[15:42] <D00D64> nope!
[15:42] <SpiritCrusher> Then it sucks
[15:42] <D00D64> yaaaay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back