lvlconv won't open/won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the FAQ tells me nothing.

I really can't figure out how to even get it to start, much less convert the level. The FAQ tells me its there and points me to a site that just about tells me nothing I understand/need, and I can't find a Wiki page on it.

How do I make it work?

If you type it in a regular command window, it'll tell you what you need to type.
But yeah, it works like an old DOS program.

I'm actually still holding out for a better converter. I mean, if this process can be done with a super-primitive DOS program, I don't see why someone can't go the extra mile and make it run standalone or, better yet, through a GUI.

It's not a super-primitive DOS program. It's a native, modern, CLI only program (not to mention standalone in many ways, it only requires the C library to actually work).

Last edited:
What's wrong with command line? Primitive interfaces work well for simple programs, and lvlconv is as simple as they come. Why do a ton of work for a flashy interface on a program most of our users are rarely, if ever, going to use?

My only gripe with lvlconv is that if you had difficulty-dependent stuff in your map, it screws up so badly it's not even funny.

You should be able to pick which version of the level (Easy, Normal or Hard) to output, rather than making it a weird unstable hybrid which is all of them yet none of them at the same time.

I know how to use the Command Prompt file and stuff, but lvlconv.exe Doesn't seem to be working. Here's what it does when I try to convert my level to v2.0
untitled-4.jpg
untitled-4.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back