• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

how to convert levels

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, convert it manualy. You will get a better grasp of the new linedefs and sectors that way.

How to Starter (Using SRB2 doom builder): open up to copies of SRB2DB. in one of them open your map with the 1.09.4 settings, in the other, the 2.0 settings. The copy with the 1.09.4 settings is your referance to what does what and what is what.

glaber said:
No, convert it manualy. You will get a better grasp of the new linedefs and sectors that way.

How to Starter (Using SRB2 doom builder): open up to copies of SRB2DB. in one of them open your map with the 1.09.4 settings, in the other, the 2.0 settings. The copy with the 1.09.4 settings is your referance to what does what and what is what.

Basically every single linedef and sector works the same as it used to, they're just not numbered as the same types as before.... All you're doing by converting manually is wasting time. I could only say "do it manually" if the level converter doesn't work properly.

glaber said:
Why in god's name would anyone convert it manually? There's a reason we made lvlconv.exe. The reason is so WE could use it. All conversion is is that we moved all the object and special numbers. You won't "learn" anything by converting things manually except where we moved everything, and you could learn that more easily by looking in the config files.

When using lvlconv.exe to convert a mod with alot of levels such as Mystic Realm, how do I find the map nunbers?

Mystic said:
glaber said:
Why in god's name would anyone convert it manually? There's a reason we made lvlconv.exe. The reason is so WE could use it. All conversion is is that we moved all the object and special numbers. You won't "learn" anything by converting things manually except where we moved everything, and you could learn that more easily by looking in the config files.

I heard some people convert manually due to the fact the EXE doesn't correctly convert their level.

I heard some people convert manually due to the fact the EXE doesn't correctly convert their level.
Even if it doesn't convert everything properly, it's still VASTLY more convenient to convert first, then fix whatever it didn't properly deal with.

I convert manually out of habit, I find it more interesting, and I like testing the level in it's broken state.

That's fine, but don't suggest such absurdity to others because it's not a good idea.

Why am I reminded of SMS's "suggestions" to remove all weapon rings from maps because they were "unfair"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back