Engineer update thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The golden wrenches are a 4th or so attempt for Valve to expieriment with the community. Expect golden wrenches to come out like the ghastly gibus or something else.

"thank you for having nothing to do on a weekend where most people are with their families celebrating real life, since you celebrated it with a virtual game, here's a golden wrench"

I see the wrapper thing pretty useful, and the shotgun replacement like the old blaughtsaugher:Why would you go back to the original?

It's supposed to be random. There is no random chance that HE could get it. All he has are refined metals and those blueprints were disabled by Valve.

NO WAY IN HELL.

Think about it, Wolfy. This is the same guy who exploited the backpacks so you could see other people's loadouts/items. He also exploited the same system with the auto idler way back when.

It's only common sense that if he got it, something might be fishy.

Plus, it's not random if it's evened out through time zones.

Plus, it's not random if it's evened out through time zones.
There might be a chance that's just a coincidence. Or maybe that only x amount is given away during certain times.
Edit: SS45, are you number 25?

All he has are refined metals and those blueprints were disabled by Valve.
You can still combine metals towards making a hat. It's what I've been doing this whole time. What was disabled was the ability to take your metals and smelt them down to three of the "weaker" metals.

Incidentally, I now have enough for a random hat... although I think I'll wait for a few more metal, so I can use my Pyro token and get one of his hats specifically. (Else I'll probably get a hatless, knowing my luck.)

Jesus, Shadow Hog, how do you work up that much scrap metal? I swear, it'd probably take me at least a year before I'd get enough to craft a hat. The only hats I actually have are the event hats...

There might be a chance that's just a coincidence. Or maybe that only x amount is given away during certain times.
Edit: SS45, are you number 25?
When the wrench log came out, I realized I was a weeaboo of the sorts. I then grabbed #25's avatar and placed it on every forum I go to. :3

You should have seen my friends try to convince me otherwise. I worked them up so hard they agreed on accident.

Jesus, Shadow Hog, how do you work up that much scrap metal? I swear, it'd probably take me at least a year before I'd get enough to craft a hat. The only hats I actually have are the event hats...
I have 1 refined metal, from playing 30 hours or so since crafting came... yeah it's tedious.

What he did exactly was made a script that would craft exactly at the drop times which had been leaked to him. He got the vac ban because of how he exploited the drop times, that's why they were changed.

I idled to take advantage of that raised item limit. <_<

I'm not gonna do it after this update, though.

Also, I now have enough to get a Pyro hat - although I think I'll wait until after the update, since they're totally going to add a new hat.

I found the new wrench(Not crafted, found) in an hour. Spazzo found the wrangler in a couple of minutes.

First milestone is super easy to get(Easier then sniper), but 2nd is tricky.

I gotta say, I'm loving the wrangler. I aquired it in a server after my first death (random drop!) and everyone started meleeing me in the spawnroom. I managed to call a truce between the two sides and got everyone together to demonstrate how it works (by, of course, killing those who were stupid enough to participate in the truce). For those who don't know how it works, the laser pointer aims at whatever you're aiming at, so there's no 1st person view or anything like that. I'd also like to note that the sentry "shield" is still intact during the 3 second cooldown the sentry has while changing weapons.

Since you have to manually aim your sentry, that means that there's no range limitation anymore -- you can use it to snipe other players from across the map. I was playing in a 24/7 convoy server, setting up a L1 on the roof and racking in kills left and right. It eventually became such a good strategy that I had 2 dedicated medics healing and ubering me for added protection. It was quite awesome.

The Frontier Justice compliments this, too! If they take down one of my sentries (the bastards), I can run after them and get a few nice crits on the way. Win for me. :)

I've yet to try out the gunslinger, but I'm not much of a battle engie, so I doubt I'll be making much use out of it.

I only got to play the new maps for a few brief moments, and my opinion is rather skewed thanks to the poor balance of having 10 engineers per team. I'll wait a few weeks before commenting on them.

Last edited:
Well, that's actually quite disappointing really...

I was hoping for a new set of buildings, not just a quick build sentry. :(

Well, that's actually quite disappointing really...

I was hoping for a new set of buildings, not just a quick build sentry. :(
I was sorta hoping for a replacement to the dispenser.

I see the wrangler's range getting toned down. It's pretty damn huge and near impossible to take down once it gets up.

The gunslinger is terrible, don't buy into it. Even with the wrangler it's bad.

Community wrench is pretty good for spies that cloak a lot, but if there's a single pyro trying to kill you on the enemy team don't use it.

FJ is sorta... meh. It's good if you use the gunslinger and manage to get kills with that piece of crap sentry, but otherwise I don't see why not to use the shotgun. I'd like it if I could disable the crit particles it gives, ever since they added it it lags the game every time it appears and makes it harder to aim.

Something tells me you keep trying to use the mini-sentry like a normal one.

The mini sentry is way OP in the right hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back