Sonic Unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sondaniel22

A.K.A KashiSD22
Sonic_unleashed_boxart1.jpg

(UPDATE - 12/01/2008 [Edited on 08/13/2009]):
This is the discussion topic for Sonic Unleashed/Sonic World Adventure.
Please use spoiler tags when discussing the game past the beginning of the storyline, or anything that would spoil the game.

-Sondaniel22

US Name: Sonic Unleashed
JP Name: Sonic World Adventure
Platform: Multiplatform (Wii, PS2, PS3, 360)
Release Dates:

USA - Wii/PS2: November 18, 2008
X360: November 20, 2008
PS3: December 12, 2008

EU - Wii/PS2/X360: November 28, 2008
PS3: December 2008

JAP - All: Spring 2009

Genre: Action/Adventure
ESRB: E10

SEGA Of America said:
Latest Installment to Extend Sonic’s Signature Style… but with a Twist!
SAN FRANCISCO (April 3, 2008) – SEGA® of America and SEGA of Europe, Ltd. today announced that everyone’s favorite hedgehog is once again breaking new ground in the upcoming title, Sonic Unleashed™. The latest installment in the multi-million selling franchise starring the beloved blue hedgehog will take players on an unforgettable high-speed journey around the globe in a way never before experienced in the world of Sonic. Fans will be treated to an array of new, exciting and unique next generation features to heighten their experience. Sonic Unleashed is currently under development for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, Wii™ home video game system from Nintendo and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system.

“It is an exciting time for the Sonic franchise as we look to reinvent our hero while staying true to the spirit of what made him an industry icon,” said Sean Ratcliffe, Vice President of Marketing at SEGA of America. “Sonic Unleashed will introduce a new, unexpected storyline along with innovative gameplay that compliments traditional skills and features, allowing players to experiment and engage in new ways.”

Having been broken apart by the evil Dr. Eggman, it’s up to Sonic to put the pieces of the world back together again by retrieving the power of the chaos emeralds! In doing so, Sonic will find himself in a race against time and faced with an unusual situation that will challenge him in ways never before seen. Both day and night play different, yet important, roles in Sonic’s newest quest… as the sun sets, a new adventure awakens. By completing a wide variety of action-packed stages, spanning the seven broken continents of the world, gamers will need to unleash Sonic’s amazing abilities to save the world, and himself!

Players will have an opportunity to engage in ways never before done with the Sonic franchise, so in addition to running at high speeds, which will be highlighted in four new speed mechanics, combat fighting now becomes possible. New combat, movement, functional abilities and platforming will be introduced to offer increased depth and variety.

Sonic Unleashed will offer a re-defined experience for fans and newcomers of the franchise alike by combing picturesque & detailed scenery, an expansive world with multiple paths to choose from and dynamic viewpoints for an immersive and renewed gaming atmosphere. Along with seamless 3D to classic 2D camera transitions, the game is built on a powerful, new proprietary “Hedgehog Engine,” which introduces impressive lighting abilities and new technology tailor made for Sonic’s new speed capabilities. Under development for approximately three years, the Hedgehog Engine will help to produce a visually rich next generation look and feel with elements of classic Sonic gameplay components.

Currently in development by Sonic Team, Sonic Unleashed is scheduled for release worldwide for holiday 2008. For screenshots and art, please visit the SEGA FTP site at http://segapr.segaamerica.com . For more information on the game, please visit www.sega.com/sonicunleashed .

Links:
Sega's Official website
Unleashed Main Website
World Adventure Main Website (JAP)
Sonic: Night of the Werehog Movie Website
Camp Sonic

Last edited:
And I thought that when I saw it associated to Wii in a Google search it was just talking about SATSR... (so yes, don't get surprised if it's SATSR2).

If it's using the SatSR engine, that's good. That engine didn't have any major game breaking bugs.

In that case, I'm kinda hoping it's following up as a direct sequel to SatSR. If you'll stay after the credits in that game, there's the freaking PERFECT setup to simplify the big mess that is the Sonic continuity.

Of course, knowing Sonic Team, that probably won't happen. It looks like they've got the bigger part of Sonic Team on this one. Now, I won't pretend to know why, but it seems that the games the bigger part of the team work on are the ones that turn out worse than the little spin-offs they make just to fill the gap between sales.

And of course, knowing this community, we can expect to see an SRB2 mod the second they release footage of the first level.

The idea of SatSR, in my mind, looks like a one-time gimmick. I want Sonic Team to release a really amazing Sonic game again. S3&K is their best. I once said SADX is their best years ago; no, S3&K is.

Oh, yeah, SRB2 Unleashed. I can see it. Anyways, I'm seeing just too many rails... Is it going to be mostly a rail game? OK, I never played SATSR, so I don't know how it is (really not sure, through several screenshots and videos make me think it's quite linear, which doesn't mean not challenging through), but a rail game... Just shame if that's the case :/

The Sonic Stadium post said there will be a new character...

Didn't see that coming [/Sarcasm]

Anyway...the whole Sonic/wolf thing...

Zelda: Twilight Princess anyone?

Did you guys even notice that Super Sonic got powered down by the machine? It probably sucked the power inside. HMS123311's weakness.

The environment looks real and awesome. If this game is going to be GOOD I will be completely reborn.

Its suppose to be free roaming like SA2.
It occasionally goes 2D and SATSR.
You turn into Werewolf Sonic randomly.

Isn't it weird that a lot of stuff suddenly got revealed? Also, I was right, it had something to do with speed ("unleashed" sounds like something fast). And crap, it's way too linear x_X

It looks like they're ripping off SRB2 with the 2D and 3D thing. Although, it seems to me that Sega is trying different things with their recent games to see how the public reacts.
EDIT: If it's for the 360 or PS3 I probably won't get to play it. If it's for the Wii, I might get to, if I get a wii on my b-day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back