A Live Action Dragon Ball movie?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something tells me this isn't going to go right. Wouldn't a live action anime based film be hard to make? Hmm, it's to early to criticize yet so...let's see what they can make from this.

Oh god. I've seen a clip of the original, most probably unheard of, live action movie. It was horrible.

I still have nightmares. ;.;

Perhaps, maybe if this is done well (Death Note, I'm looking at you!), then it could be good. But DBZ is just different; it's easy to make a notebook that "kills" people. You write in it, actors play dead. Simple.

Giant hair, flying people, giant beams of energy... not so.

I've only seen and enjoyed the first series. Not Dragonball Z, but just "Dragonball". Once the new series came up, I wasn't really into it.

The Wiki doesn't really say which series the film is based upon, but either way, I probably won't see it. I might wait until it comes out on DVD first, and check out if it's worth the watching.

Please, when this comes out, beat me with a beanpole. I do not like DBZ. It's a really old fad that is now dead.

Edit: I'm do not like? Blarg.

From the information I have gathered, the DBZ live action movie is going to be the worst thing that ever happend to DBZ, even worse than GT.

I had high hopes for this movie, but after reading some of the script information, I was dissapointed.

Let's just hope that this won't be like the Street Fighter movie. I always hated how they would make the characters look, like if it is a live action movie based on a game, or like a cartoon, it's most likely to come out sucky.

For the record, this is a Dragon Ball movie, not Dragon Ball Z. The antagonist will be Piccolo.

According to IMDB, the movie is Dragonball, rather than Z, during the whole Demon Lord Picollo Saga, and that James Masters (He who played Spike in Buffy) will be Piccolo.

Maybe they could do it with Dragonball. But if it were DBZ then no. DBZ was the greatest show ever made but if it were real then I think it would be a no..... But they could use effects like in the Matrix, that might actually work.

Isn't that kid to old to be goku?? Seriously this movie will fail. Dragonball like stated above was a fad that's seriously done now. I'll get it on DVD for one night and I suppose It'll be quite boring 5 minutes after I put it on.

Lightning The Fox said:
Isn't that kid to old to be goku?? Seriously this movie will fail. Dragonball like stated above was a fad that's seriously done now. I'll get it on DVD for one night and I suppose It'll be quite boring 5 minutes after I put it on.

Peh.

They made a Underdog movie.

They can do what they want.

nitro_the_hedghog said:
Up next, Live action YU-GI-OH!
Just as crappy as this, only with bigger hair!

DBZ hair will always be bigger:

6ssj3.jpg

Hell of a lot bigger than:

yugi.gif

(Wait for SSJ6 :<)

When I was a lad, I always wondered what a live action DBZ movie would be like... :3

Wait, this is only Dragonball? You mean there's less kaboom?? D: Kaboom is good.

I said that the yu gi oh one would have bigger hair because this is only dragonball, way before ss3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back