how do you defeat the final boss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom37

Right, so ive got all the way through the latest version of SRB2, lost many lives getting through the egg rock zones and then finally got to act 3.

the robot of eggmans is alot different to the other bosses and i dont understand where i should hit or what i am supposed to do. please help!

When he shoots the four missles at you, jump and grab hold of one of them. He will then jump and you can aim and hit him, but it might hurt you.

On top of that, you can jump on top of his head and if you jump off again straight away. He will hit himself instead of you. Good luck!

Assault method 1: If not Knuckles, you can jump on his head and then escape to another pillar. He'll punch himself in the face, inducing lulz within you.

Assault method 2: When he fires the 4 missiles at you, jump into one to grab and take control of it. Steer so the missile is aimed at the enemy, jump off, and try to land on a pillar.

Last edited:
Missile Strategy:

For the first 6 hits, if you let him hit you with the sticky attack, he will jump to whichever platform you were on when you get stuck (Hopefully you were on a platform when this happens... otherwise kiss a life goodbye). You'll take damage but you should easily get your ring back. Quickly jump to the furthest platform from his position. When he shoots the missiles, he will always jump back to the center platform without fail, so guide the missile accordingly.

Imperative when playing as Sonic or Knuckles:

For the last two hits (or if Eggman jumps to anyplace other than the center platform after shooting missiles), you can hide from the sticky attack using one of the two nearest intact fallaway platforms nearest the main platform he's currently on. Then jump to the main platform furthest from his location, so when he fires the missiles, you'll be able to see which way he jumps, and you can ride the missile into him accordingly.

This is the only way to beat him as Sonic or Knuckles, as you cannot jump onto his head if he is not on the center platform (Unless you happen to get lucky and time a perfect jump off a missile and onto his head). Tails can fly onto his head, but you need to know how to force Tails to fly downward (because of the reduced gravity, he will soar far over Eggman's head and you probably won't land until Tails gets too tired to keep flying)

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
In all honesty, jumping JUST over his head is better then jumping on top of it, as he'll still falcon punch himself. But watch out for when he's down to one hit, because when you grab the missle, he'll try to shoot you down with his sticky attack.

I'm also having trouble with that final boss! oO

The attack pattern I get:

Black bomb balls -> Glue bomb then jump on me -> Repeat -> what looks like 2 spiked balls on the end of a missile -> back to beggining, but hits the floor of what I'm standing on before I have a chance to react to them!

Tried jumping on him, but nomatter what part of the mech I touch I get hurt, tried jumping at those spiky missile things but they just blow and hurt me! >_>
Sorta expected that but thats what people on the forums keep saying to do.
(gonna look at youtube for an answer as soon as my nets strong enough for it)

Also thought to begin with that I had to get him to jump onto one of those falling platforms, managed it once, but he took off again before it fell... so many times I got glued to that platform for attempting it!

Last edited:
I'm also having trouble with that final boss! oO

The attack pattern I get:

Black bomb balls -> Glue bomb then jump on me -> Repeat -> what looks like 2 spiked balls on the end of a missile -> back to beggining, but hits the floor of what I'm standing on before I have a chance to react to them!

Tried jumping on him, but nomatter what part of the mech I touch I get hurt, tried jumping at those spiky missile things but they just blow and hurt me! >_>
Sorta expected that but thats what people on the forums keep saying to do.
(gonna look at youtube for an answer as soon as my nets strong enough for it)

Also thought to begin with that I had to get him to jump onto one of those falling platforms, managed it once, but he took off again before it fell... so many times I got glued to that platform for attempting it!

He will try to hit you if you are close to his head while you jump over him so you have to pass over him quickly and land safely. As for the glue attack you can take cover behind the collapsing platforms for protection when he is not in the middle, when he is in the middle just run and jump tower to tower quickly. As for the missile you might want to jump into them earlier if they are exploding on you and you can fly with the missile to either the opposite tower or close by one then let go to assure safety from getting hit with the following attack if you are not Sonic, but you can still use you abilities after you jump off the missile though.

Knuckles can hide behind a pillar (in climb mode) to evade all of Eggman's attacks. To hit him, jump on a collapsing platform and then glide tightly over his head, or grab a missile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back