We're Not Dead Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
OpenGL is unsupported, k thanks bye

(Also, seriously, your obsession with multi-MD2 setups is getting really annoying.)

My two cents:

"This is freaking amazing! 2.1 has me sold! (But it's free). Skyboxes sound amazing. THZ is looking great and the slime gimmick sounds incredible. Love how CEZ has a Hydrocity throwback. Oh I forgot this. Shields looks nice as well."

Now my analysis on the 1st screenshot.

No crawlas, in THZ, good. I was hoping that was gonna happen at some point. Wait a second... Sonic AND Tails? Bots, possibly?! That was a good tease if it happens there.

I know it may be a lot of work but
Hint:

It isn't much work at all!

By the way, is it possible to have more than one skybox. Like a map in a skybox in a skybox? I don't know the use for this but someone could probably use it for some clever tricks.

Why hello. A pretty neat and surprising update on what 2.1 will be like. As if it did not look like it would have been awesome already, it looks like it will be even better than I could have imagined. Am hyped for this upcoming version more than ever.

I am glad there are going to be skyboxes, the inclusion is much appreciated. It is also very neat to see Hydrocity Zone included in the photos and to see how it uses the skyboxes. One of the biggest highlights for me in this update is the fact that THZ just went from being a real tedious zone to something more memorable. It is looking like a lot more fun to play through than before.

With THZ and CEZ now heavily revamped and improved, I'm curious to see what will be the campaign's weakest spot in 2.1. GFZ? RVZ? Maybe even DSZ?

Last edited:
Surprised no one else has mentioned that the names got a font change. ...why? They're using the universal text font for the rest of the game, so I'm assuming now that the skin name will be displayed next to the life icon instead of needing to make an image lump for it. Also is that some random enemy in the water on the Hydro City image?

Last edited:
Surprised no one else has mentioned that the names got a font change. ...why?

A GOOD PORTION of the MB is in #srb2fun and know about the spoilers way before they happen.

Edited to please MonsterIestyn!

Last edited:
Was ACZ ever considered a weak point in the campaign? IIRC it has a fairly distinct feel, as well as distinct stage gimmicks and enemies to help it stand on its own.

I spotted something that's kinda minor but still....Anyway on the first screenshot if you open it in full resolution, on the top corner on the left, there is a grass border on the ceiling.

Nope.

It's actually much simpler than that.

It's a secondary camera object that renders what it sees in F_SKY1. The skybox is actually contained within a whole sectioned-off part of the map.

Could that be used for textures other than F_SKY1?

Love how this is looking and am glad to see this project still going well. Looks amazing.

I must say the decision on THZ has me a little confused. I'm guessing all traces of toxic water is gone? Or will there still be some inside the factory? Having that mix of the two might make for slight confusion, but it from what I read it's apparently all gone?

There is no painful slime in THZ, either act. Honestly, the painful slime was always pretty stupidly brutal for the second zone, so it's a well-deserved nerf, regardless. It's also a hell of a lot more fun to have a physics toy when you screw up and fall in instead of pain. Do be careful, though, as it's hard to go fast on it as thokking will send you under and it'll take a bit before you can get out. The springs in the underground passage screenshot are purely there to make time attack much, much more complicated =P

I think the same trick is done for the grow and shrink effect on characters, this explains why you can't make characters more than 255 pixels tall without horrible visual issues, but can upscale a small one ingame to be larger than an entire map and look fine.

That is completely incorrect and those bugs were all fixed, by the way.
srb20181.png

(please forgive some of the inconsistencies in this image, it was taken a long while ago.)

I feel like you two are mocking me publicly through proving me wrong :V

Wait, so you mean actually putting characters in the Slade or XWE editor that are more than 255 pixels tall won't act funny and have cut off in game now? Well this just came in god damn handy at the perfect time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back