MAJOR UPDATE TO THE MASTER QUEST!!! update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like argueing so...
Anyway... the mod is almost complete and will be done Date: 10/10/07. Also I 'might' remove the boss fights. (just hope ds doesn't get mad about it)

Segmint said:
I had to use HMS to get through the entire thing (that's how broken it was).
I had to use Zeshiro's float thok to get over the platforms and had to use him like a beyblade during the boss battles. I HATE Beyblades.

10/10/07: Mod released.
10/11/07: Angry forum members send it back to beta.

Not that I'm one...

Where to start?

Firstly, the opening level.
Spawning in a small hallway with a teleport directly in front of you defeats the purpose, when you could've just plain spawned in the room you teleported to.

Also, I like the idea for the strutcure of the litle altar things that you used to teleport, I just wish that they were scenic and you didn't have to travel through them. Next, teh spin tunnel. I'm just sitting, rolling at an incredibly slow speed, waiting for the madness to end. Madness.

And then more temple stuff that really should have been better. SRB2 is about flow, and sadly, a bunch of steps that you have to jump over doesn't constitute as flow. Why? Because you have stop every single time you land before jumping to the next step. Even worse, the flats. I really wish you didn't use special stage flats, and instead chose something along the lines of RUINS1_1. I wish that you would take some time and get farmiliar with SRB2's textures.

Whoosh, official levels. Essentially you're taking one of SSN's levels and claiming it as your own. Eww......

And boss fights. Boss fights. I'm sorry, 4 or 5 consecutive boss fights get just old. Not to mention the homing-ness of SA mode makes it too easy. Which reminds me, SA mode fails greatly. I game-overed due to the spike balls on the edge of the platform on the fourth one, in addition to the the spike balls around the boss itself.

The second real level. May I remind you that this is SRB2, and not Sonic Heroes. Flat stretches and flying over long stretches of void don't make a level work in SRB2. You can look at some other levels that work such as acid missle and the defaults, but this isn't the way to do it.

I applaud the effort, but may I remind you that a mod is made for the levels; levels aren't made for a mod. :/

Econimising sector tags doesn't equal a lot of effort. You also need to align all your textures and flats, not to mention add a lot of detail.

If a mod is awful, it can't be "almost done". It takes a LOT of time to make a decent mod. I don't mean a couple months, either.

Hm.... I might just keep these levels in the mod only.

Inside Doomship
Flooded Sea act 1 2 & 3 (boss: OMG ITS... you have to wait and see)
Red XVI's house act 1 2 & boss (you'll find out soon enough)
Docking Base act 1
Death Egg act 1 and 2

Unlockables:
Club Rouge (aka sonic battle field also match stage and single player stage)
Death Egg act 3 (zone)
Find Red XVI
Dimension S (final level)

Yes I know this mod sucks because

1. You all told me
2. Now my brother hates it (and he helped with it @_@)
3.I hate it

It's ok really. I know it sucks. I'll try to make it better.

You could take some of the pack levels, refine them, and release them by themselves. That would be good, if you can make'em nice.

Dude_ said:
Can you release a version without music please? (Custom music isn't really that great...)

The rest of it one has 1 musics in it. O_CREDIT

edit: you guys might wanna visit this Master quest forums to keep track on screenshots and updates, (remember cant double post here.) because no one will know when I edit this post.
Wow guess what?
Newest user: yousuck
nice man... reeeal nice. Just what I needed. v_v

I really don't care about all the subforums of new people. I've been a sub-forum guy, and I'm not doing it again.

Use the edit button allready. If you need to, delete your last post before giving updates.

on Edge said:
I really don't care about all the subforums of new people. I've been a sub-forum guy, and I'm not doing it again.

Use the edit button allready. If you need to, delete your last post before giving updates.

I use the edit button all the time.

still...newest user:yousuck

SuperSonic64 said:
on Edge said:

still...newest user:yousuck

Yousuck?

Woohoo! The mod was done actually.
When I got home today (from school), MY FILES WERE DELETED! ALL MY SRB2 STUFF, AND THE MOD!

Sorry guys but,

MOD CANCELED.

You may thank, my parents for this. The whole mod is gone. GONE.

I cant redo it because it was complete.

(the recycle bin is also empty!)

I hope you enjoyed how far this mod got. Because it won't be seen again. I'm sorry for disapointing you all. It was actually done. All that work wasted. So I hope you enjoyed the beginning of the mod.

Thank you for listening to this update. :cry:

In other words, "I don't feel like completing this because everyone said it sucks but in order to keep my pride I must pretend that something else happened even though I could just download SCR_MASTERS.WAD and start from the beginning and try to do something new even though it might take a bit of effort but instead I'm just going to give up and type really long run on sentences".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back