• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

drt's endless sprite catastrophe

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't look like a jungle to me and the sky leaves a lot to be desired, but I love it anyways and it looks quite appealing to me.

It looks very great. My only complaint is the lack of enemies and obstacles (except for the tar and jumping off the map by accident)

lack of enemies
funny you should say that
PhonyWellinformedAnura.gif

No, no, please, not the Oil Ocean Seahorses! :'C

I love the way you made the Crab Bot thingy, perhaps adding more animations so it looks less like its "arms" are appearing and disapearing when you have the time to? Keep it up, it's amazing!

FTmReBp.png

hOoeMLi.png

IFRQE2L.png

a little birdie told me about palettes

Last edited:
I have a bad feeling about this Donkey Kraken...
Besides, these textures are great ...as always!

LOVE IT!! goodstuff goodstuff goodstuff

every time i doubt myself about how much the new palette was worth it, stuff like this absolutely gorgeous stage makes me feel better

Something about the color choice on that one really rubs me the wrong way, but I can't put my finger on it.

HilariousHopefulAfricanclawedfrog.gif

~IIIIT'S time to PARTY straight for BROKE or die MAAAN~
I agree with Mystic on this, there's way too much stuff going on here with your color scheme. There's something really, REALLY simple that can make this 100% less of an eye blinder and that is called hue shifting.
Here are some links that provide really awesome tutorials and some good places to start:
http://wayofthepixel.net/index.php?topic=2836.0
http://pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11299
http://pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11299&PID=139392#139392
I think your textures show a lot of promise but that they could also stand for a lot of color work and improvement.

I've already known what hue shifting is for like, several years now, but thanks anyways.

QwbnOtU.png

Oooohhh c'est magnifique!
Though, I was wondering, what's the progress on your other levels? Are they done or are you working on all of them at once...?

I've already known what hue shifting is for like, several years now, but thanks anyways.

QwbnOtU.png
I like the orange highlights but I feel like they might be a bit too much; the rocks sorta feels a bit more like the background since they share so much with the sky. I threw together a quick and dirty edit gif because I felt it'd describe what I was saying better (Ignore how that one stripe in the sky changes color) :
bCzuITg.gif

(I slowed its playback speed so you could better see the changes)
As you can see 1 (the original) sorta blends in with everything where 2 and 3 (though not as much as 2) helps separate the rocks from everything else and cause better visual contrast and clarity. Of course you don't have to take this route with things and again I really like where these are headed, can't wait to see more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back