A couple of questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danfun64

Hello...I have a couple questions. First, there was a website which showed a detailed history of how srb2 was made from the 1.09.4 days (referring to the decision to use the doom engine for srb2 is one part I remember from it.) Does that website still exist in any form?

Secondly, I can't stand unlockables in video games, especially ones with online multiplayer capability. It discourages people from, say, hosting a server with mario koopa blast because not everybody will have it unlocked. IMO, all levels and cheats should be available from the beginning. The emblems can stay though, as a way to add replayability to the game; but they shouldn't be necessary to access everything else. So next major release (2.2.0) can you remove this anti-feature?

I don't know if you've noticed, but clients don't need levels unlocked for hosts to use them. I've hosted on SS8 with people who haven't even beaten the single player campaign.

Yeah, you no longer need to have unlockables... well, unlocked in order to play them in multiplayer. I think you may be able to warp to those unlockable maps too...
...provided you put in the "-force" after the "map map##" part.

For your first question, this topic might be of interest to you: https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=38807

And as for the second one, actually only the host needs to have the extra levels unlocked for them to be hosted, people can still join without having unlocked them. At least that's what I heard.

I also strongly disagree with your stance on unlockables. The unlockables are really the only thing that makes me want to play single player mode. If you go through all the trouble of collecting the emblems, why shouldn't you get a reward for it? It's pretty pointless otherwise. There's this thing called delayed gratification, the extra levels wouldn't be special otherwise.

I didn't notice that you didn't need to have unlocked the levels to join a server using said levels.
Sorry about that :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back