This needs to be addressed to. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not that bad, just can be real tedious to fight when it comes to making him vulnerable. Even though personally there are things that I think that could make the boss much better designed, I do not think of Brak Eggman as an unbearably difficult boss.

The sniping attack I can understand, but even then there is still some leniency with that attack if you have not been getting hit a lot, do not hang around the edge, and if you recollect the rings you just lost since the attack does not blast you far off like the missile attack does. A big thing is that Brak Eggman will ALWAYS counterattack you with another attack like the flamethrower or missiles once you hit him, which can negate pesky attacks like the sniping one. Strafing pretty much ended up being used by me more after earlier bosses encouraged me to use it and the same went for Brak Eggman.

From the snippets shown in the video it just seems like you either need to practice on him more or just got downright unlucky with the combination of attacks. He was not too difficult the times I fought him so the things that I see is in need of being addressed and what you see in need of being addressed are different. I am not seeing the downright unfair factor.

On that note...

Now that we're on the topic of Brak Eggman, I want to say that Time Attacking this boss is just bull. In order to get a good record, you not only have to have a high amount of skill(which is good!), but you have also have to have a high amount of luck(which is bad!).

This I am in agreement with. Time attacking attempts were killed because of this.

Last edited:
Actually I think my only really problem with this boss ((along with all the other new bosses in this game)) is that there isn't actually any WARNING as to what the boss is going to be doing. I know that sounds like a dumb complaint considering if it were "real life" they wouldn't have a warning but in a game, it should be obvious. You should ALWAYS be aware of when your boss/enemy is going to attack, and at least what they're going to.

I found myself getting incredibly frustrated with the Castle Eggman zone boss because there isn't a warning for when he switches his swing motion. If he slowed for a second, I'd expect it. If there was kind of a charge up noise, I'd probably expect it. Maybe not the first time, but I'd catch on. Part of what makes it fun is being able to predict it. But just because you can predict it doesn't mean it's always easy. Also the "pinch" moment with Eggman is a nifty idea, but it's frustrating in practice when your swing motion is not at all properly timed with how ridiculously fast Eggman swings the balls.

Metal Sonic I found to be most annoying about this because when he fires the electric balls, you can't tell if he's shooting a five way or the super shots. Either way you can't really dodge them because I don't think there's an ample enough time to know WHICH one he does. If you tried to avoid it using something like sidestep, he's using the wide blast ((which you can't tell he's gonna use)) and if you decide to run under it to avoid wide-blast, he uses a straightforward shot. The bosses isn't predictable and that's where the downfall of these unique bosses come from.

With the last final boss, attacking him and expecting him to attack back seems like "yeah that's expected" but WHAT he attacks with is where the mystery comes in. I realize that something might not be a good idea to let the player know which one he'll use soon, but it's annoying to be getting the boss almost defeated and the barriers are down and you try to attack him once and he fires that knockback ring at you quite literally instantly. I understand a boss needs to be hard, but there are SUCH better ways of doing it.

The Deep Sea Zone boss was alright but it was annoying not being able to really tell which one was the real one. I get that that's the point, and it's not supposed to be obvious, but it REALLY needs to be made slightly noticeable which one is fake and which one is not.

Just my thoughts anyways.

You have to be joking. Using strafe keys is the single most powerful tool for dodging projectiles in this game. They let you move in one direction while facing another direction to watch your target's actions. "Don't strafe" is hysterically bad advice.
I'm saying this because I see people using strafing as a tool to walk around and more often than not, it gets them killed, even when trying to dodge projectiles. I don't strafe and I get by rather nicely. It is just annoying to see someone strafing around, making themselves look stupid and start complaining that the controls suck or some boss is too hard because of strafing.

I bet if I upload the full recording of this, you'd think differently.

[...]

I don't care what you assholes say, I'm STILL sticking to this argument. It's ridiculous as hell. This isn't Devil May Cry, it's a fucking Sonic fangame.

This is part of a livestream that MegaGWolf did of SRB2 2.1. When 2.0 was first released, he played part of it for his channel, but only made it up to Deep Sea Zone before quitting. So, this is the second time ever he's played the game. Impressively, he actually beat the game with Sonic, though it took him 8 straight hours of livestreaming to do it.

If you skip to the 2 hour mark of the video, you can see his battle with Brak.

How are new players suppose to get into this? They play through the game and make it to the final boss whereas they get butt-fucked with this spastic bullshit.

He is a brand-new player. He's never played this before. Watch how he deals with it.

Actually,if there's one suggestion I would have for this boss, it would be to change up the pinch phase slightly. After the walls come down, he shouldn't be able to bring up his shield again. It just slows down the pacing of the fight. However, I DO feel he should get more aggressive with his attacks during this phase. This might be slightly off-topic, as it has less to do with the difficulty of the boss and more of its pacing, but oh well.

Now that we're on the topic of Brak Eggman, I want to say that Time Attacking this boss is just bull. In order to get a good record, you not only have to have a high amount of skill(which is good!), but you have also have to have a high amount of luck(which is bad!).

Randomness is a part of Time Attacking; deal with it.

Guys... I agree that his crossair attack is a BIT unfair but you honestly don't expect to beat eggman on the first try right?

Don't worry. This version of Brak is just a special filler boss thrown in to get 2.1 out the door. An entirely different boss plan was written up for the final version. But it might not even be the final boss then. :) Look forward to plenty of new bosses in future versions.

The crosshair snipe is completely fine, it just needs to be more obvious what he's actually doing (which will be in 2.1.7 probably). The boss in itself is really easy, considering what was his predecessor in 2.0...

Last edited:
You know I don't see what the big problem is. I beat SRB2 for the first time by myself a few days ago. Got all the emeralds and everything. (As Tails) It was great fun.

Castle Eggman boss was a joke because I could fly over it until it opened up. Metal Sonic was awesome but his fight dragged out a little too long I think. Next patch make the bouncing attack a little shorter okay? Finally Bark Eggman wasn't too much of a problem, His attacks caught me off guard and yes I never could get away from the lock-on and it killed me twice but the attack didn't show up that much so I think it's okay.

Don't worry. This version of Brak is just a special filler boss thrown in to get 2.1 out the door. An entirely different boss plan was written up for the final version. But it might not even be the final boss then. :) Look forward to plenty of new bosses in future versions.

I can has Egg Vava? To be honest, I don't mind Brak in its current state but I DO want him to feel more like the one from the movie, he's just too small for that right now (that, and he SERIOUSLY needs proper sprites, I never liked looking at Uglybrak).

Other than that the only boss I don't like the idea for is ACZ, I just don't feel that racing Eggman on an ACME missile is worth putting in if we're gonna race Metal Sonic at ERZ.

Finally Bark Eggman wasn't too much of a problem
Bark Eggman
196px-Bark_the_polarbear_by_a_scream-d3fhh9h.jpg

Stop strafing. Seriously I don't see why people do it outside of match. It is stupid beyond belief.
Protip: To defeat the Cybrakdemon, strafe it until it dies!

Near the end of the fight, the walls break down, making the fight totally impossible to win. The strafe can only do so much before half of the time it becomes a nuisance considering those fucking bombs engulfs half of the board, making me accidentally strafing into them more than necessary.
Two things here, one: you can fly, the pithy little fires on the ground do not block you.

Secondly, you need to think outside the board more.
BrakStrat1.gif

Spindash is also very helpful, since tails can stop one quickly with downflight.

Other than that the only boss I don't like the idea for is ACZ, I just don't feel that racing Eggman on an ACME missile is worth putting in if we're gonna race Metal Sonic at ERZ.
That's quite an old concept and doesn't necessarily reflect the current plans for ACZ3.

All I've seen here is someone playing as Tails complaining about Brak Eggman being hard. (that's what you get for cheaping out the rest of the game by flying)
I mean, come on, this ain't Greenflower 3. It's the final boss of the game, of course you're gonna get bullshit flinged at you constantly. Brak doesn't need any changes, it's fine as it is, since nerfing it would make the ending a bit anticlimatic (more than it already is, although apparently this is a placeholder, so).

Last edited:
I love how everyone else kind of basically ignored what I believe to be pretty valid points against the final boss and other bosses in the game in favor of telling OP how wrong he is.

I don't think it's impossibly hard, just some things worth looking at because instant attack and having literal no idea what to expect isn't fun gameplay in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back