Strange sprite-display issues with XWE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphere

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
I am currently experiencing a strange issue with XWE. I created some custom weapon icons, but the Rail icon is glitched:
helpmeplz.png

(That was an icon I created a year ago, that has already been deleted from my computer)

But when in XWE, it displays the correct icon, with the correct name and alignment:
helpmeplz2.png

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

P.S: Damn you, XWE and your autocapitalizing!

Yes, the offsets.

Seems the rail icon is using default sprite offsets, where the hotspot is in the bottom-center of the image. Conversely GFX offsets are at (0,0), the top-left corner. (Look at the image, and you'll tell this is what's happening.)

So XWE isn't setting the offsets right for some reason. Look for a pair of boxes that read [ 0 ] [ 0 ] on the other sprites but don't in the rail sprite. Those're the offsets, so change them to (0,0) on the rail sprite.

Well, the offset is set to 0,0 (manually), but I accidentaly cut it off in the image. So that's not the problem...

You can go jump off a bridge now, thanks. X)
POINTLESS SENTENCES GO

Erm, I double-checked the WAD, and there was only one RAILIND lump, the correct one. So that's not it either... And I forgot to mention, the old icon was never loaded into the file at all, so it's a mystery to me why it does display it.

P.S: Crap, I really need to stop cutting off images...

Oh crap. Didn't see it, because I only looked at the Image/GFX Files. Heh.

Thanks for helping me, and excuse me for being so stupid.

...I'll go jump of a bridge now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back