Yume Nikki (Dream Diary)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. So I thought I'd make a thread of this, because not alot of people know about it.

Sooo... In this game, you play as a Hikkikomori girl, and you explore her dream world.

In the waking world, you can't really do much, the TV doesn't play anything, She won't go out her bedroom door, and you have a system resembling a Famicom. This is the place where you can write in your Dream Diary (Where you save).

When you fall asleep, you can go out your bedroom door, and into the Nexus. There you will find 12 different doors. You go through the worlds and collect effects. After you get all 25 effects, you drop them in the nexus and that's the end. (I won't tell you what happens.)

While you go through the worlds, you also see other beings. Try talking to them to get effects. One that you should stay away from are the Toriningen (Bird people) when they have purple eyes. They teleport you to a closed area where you can only escape by waking up. (the 9 key)

Here is the download link.
http://www.mediafire.com/?wkihkhdwmrj

It also has a huge thing of instructions to get working. I took this instalation guide from a random site.

It takes a bit of effort to get the game working, and I'm not sure how to get it working on Macintosh/Linux/Solaris/etc, just Windows.
Download Link (or avoid Rapidshare and download from this Mediafire mirror)
You need WinRAR or 7zip to open the file. The download should have two folders and an exe. First, you need support "Support for East Asian Languages" installed into Windows. You need an OS disc (or the file off of it from somewhere..) to do this, and then find the option in Control Panel->Regional and Language Settings. Installing these doesn't affect your current language settings at all, just installs support for the characters.

Then you need to run the installer and game with a program called Microsoft AppLocale. It's a free utility you can get from Microsoft's website, or in that download. It allows you to run programs under another regional setting without changing it for your entire computer. Unless you run Windows in Japanese, you need to install this to play. It's pretty useful anyway, and takes up no space.

When AppLocale is installed, you need to rename the files so a non-Japanese OS can read them. You need to rename both of the folders inside and the game .exe. Doesn't matter what they're named. The installer of the modified RPG Maker 2003 runtime is in the folder with "2003RTP" somewhere in the name. Run that installer with AppLocale set to Japanese (??? - near the bottom of the list).

Then just run the renamed game exe with AppLocale (in Japanese) to play it. There's an option in AppLocale to make a shortcut, ticking that may make it easier. The shortcut will appear in the Microsoft AppLocale folder in the start menu.

And I know a whole lot of you will think this game is bad, because you aimlessly wander around. I think that's a cool idea. Haven't you ever tried going through a level in another game just for fun to look at all the detail?

*blinded by bright purple txt*

Try doing an SRB2 level just so you can look at the details of it. Most everybody here would admit to doing that at some point or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back