I suppose you could call me "ignorant" for this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarbo the Black Sheep

Furry Composer
But whatever. Not wanting to (or even being allowed to) play Halo because of the M rating, I am curious to at least know what differentiates it from other games. It seems like most people in real life just say, "it's awesome," which tells me absolutely nothing. I ask you guys because I find you rather intelligent at reviewing.

So what makes it better in your eyes? Or, what makes it worse in your eyes?

Well, I think it has good graphics, a good plot, and better control than other FPS games I've played. I also enjoy trying to find Easter eggs (especially refferences to the the number 7). My main gripe is that Halo 3 goes by too fast. I beat it in less than 6 days.

The Halo series sucks. Period. Unimaginative levels, which are pretty long, but no fun in much of it. The multiplayer doesn't really help.

I've played a few multiplayer Halo games in my time. I don't own an XBox however, so I haven't played it too extensively, but from my immediate impression, I'd have to say something along the lines of...

Absolutely nothing. The few games I played were fun by far, but I have very low standards in that regard, (Bear in mind, this is the guy who thought Shadow was "fun if nothing else") and it was by no means "Totally freaking sweet" just "kinda cool."

Now maybe not getting addicted to it has given me a relatively faulty impression, but I didn't immediately see anything when playing Halo that was really new, awesome, or generally above average. I used to think Forge mode was pretty cool, until I realized it was a ripoff of GMod.

Also, Sky Ninja, a game is relatively long is a skilled gamer takes 6 days to beat it. Most games take me like, two days to beat.

Halo is exceedingly popular because it introduced networked FPS multiplayer to a large number of players. As a game, it's honestly rather average, but simply because it was the game that got people into shooting their friends on a LAN or over the internet, it's exceedingly popular. After all, multiplayer first person shooters are exceedingly fun, and everyone has a soft spot for the first one they really got into. I love Goldeneye far more than the game deserves for that reason as well.

I always liked it because it's a pretty well balanced game. The weapons, the enemies, the levels, everything seems to be in the right place. As Mystic has stated, I have somewhat of a softspot for it as it was my first FPS. However, I've played better games, and I'm pretty sure there are better games out there. I have kept this avatar simply because I have had it so long, that it might take some getting used to recognizing me at a glance if I changed my avatar.

I have Halo 1 and Halo 2. I think they are fun mostly because of the plot. I find the multiplayer games fun as well because of halo 2's voice chat option. I also have fun finding the glitches and bugs in the games (Take the sword fly glitch for example). What I hate though is when you play on live and you find those kids that are 6 or 10 that swear constantly and say that you're cheating because you killed them in one hit with a sniper rifle, that has happened to me twice.

EDIT: There are people who kill you for no reason that are on your team. That happened to me once, thank god for the "eject betrayer" option in Halo 2. :P

Re: I suppose you could call me "ignorant" for thi

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
But whatever. Not wanting to (or even being allowed to) play Halo because of the M rating, I am curious to at least know what differentiates it from other games. It seems like most people in real life just say, "it's awesome," which tells me absolutely nothing. I ask you guys because I find you rather intelligent at reviewing.

So what makes it better in your eyes? Or, what makes it worse in your eyes?
People actually go by the ratings...? o.o If I want a game, I get it.

I don't own the game, put have played it on several occasions. I thought it was a pretty good game. The weapons were original and the dual wielding thing was just awesome. The enemies were challenging and interesting. The graphics were great, especially Halo 1. (For it's time) The multiplayer is sweet with lot's of different modes and it's so cool to relive battles with you're friends. Lastly, the storyline is cool and done well, but I pretty much like anything sci-fi.

I have the game for PC. It's kind've fun, but in my opinion, it's not too different from any other FPS. I still prefer Timesplitters.

Firstly, I've only played Halo 3. While I've touched Halo 1, I've just been so appalled by the level design that it's never stuck with me.

Halo 3's engine is just great. Everything performs like you'd expect it to, and the game balance works really well on the multiplayer maps. I've had a lot of fun playing splitscreen with a few friends. Forging a new map is also tons of fun, even if the maps end up being really broken at times.

My main argument against TF2 (and quite a few other games) is that it doesn't support local multiplayer. Going online to play with strangers for your multiplayer fix feels stupid when you compare it to sitting in your living room with people you actually know and can have a good time with. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back