I've got a problem with controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

*LightSpeedAlexey*

The Final True LightSpeed.
Guys, I've got a problem today that happened in SRB2: when I start up SRB2, it works fine and I'm playing, but after some times I start to lose control, and then it gets back to normal, and that control loses again after some seconds. It first happened in SRB2CS in Angel's serv. Please, can you tell me? Is there a way to fix this problem to make SRB2 run normally? Thanks for reading.

When you mean by lose control, do you mean by you continue running while you're not pressing a single button or you don't move at all while you're mashing the arrow keys?

Yes, I continue running while I'm not pressing a single button, also it has a huge control lag no matter if I join or even host.

I get that sometimes its like when you press a button sometimes it may respond once twice or sometimes even three times. It effects typing as well.

I don't know how to get rid of it but it usually just goes away on its own its pretty weird.

I get that sometimes its like when you press a button sometimes it may respond once twice or sometimes even three times. It effects typing as well.

I don't know how to get rid of it but it usually just goes away on its own its pretty weird.

Maybe you're right, DUDE. My SRB2 runs normally for now.

Yes, I continue running while I'm not pressing a single button, also it has a huge control lag no matter if I join or even host.
When this happens to me, it sometimes occurs when I'm in the middle of a game and I get c-kicked or kicked when I was holding the arrow key up. When I join back or join a completly differnent server, I still run forward without any control. I normally fix this by asking the host to kick me or unplugging my keyboard when I'm on a desktop computer.

Well, larztard, I first joined Angel's serv in SRB2CS to train in Races and I started to lose control after some time. Angel told me to rejoin, but it didn't solved. So Angel told me to restart SRB2CS and join again - same problem. When I start SRB2 (Normal), the problem touched even this game. But on the next day after starting up PC, SRB2 runs as usually normal without losing control.

I have this problem, but nowhere near as serious, as when I join a random server (rarely does this happen) my character automatically moves forward until I just press the up key, then my character stops moving forward and I am allowed to walk forward at my will. And somehow when I join a random server (this happens like almost never as in a 1% chance of happening), my character STAYS in the spinball position and when I press any of the directional keys, I move and stay in that position until I jump.

Sounds like you have SERIOUS control lag and that might be a result of too many people using the internet, I know, it happened to me a couple a times.

Last edited:
I know this is a month old topic. But I may as well bring up the answer for everyone.

Its because of your computer. Windows 7 has this problem the most due to using more memory. Way to fix it is to either turn off your background programs or only use SRB2 and nothing else.

Here a little way to help you out. Push down the keys. Ctrl-Alt-Del Then go into task manager. And then click on processes.

On the bottom of the window you see how much processors you are running.

On my old laptop it run over 120 processors. And well SRB2 lags a lot due to that. Making it so that you move on your own. how to fix it. Well remove the processors that are not important. Try to aim for around 50 to 60 processors.

Now if it still does not fix your problem. Then you might wanna check your ram and how many cores your running.

My old laptop had around 4GB of Ram and and it run on Duel Core processor.

I got a new laptop recently. And it runs on 4GB of ram and its a Quad Core. And and SRB2 never lags. Till it at least hits around 100 processors or so. So I keep it good around 70 or so. And it runs perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back