Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ok

• Sucks

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, if there's no need for jumping, then the characters jump height should be set to 0.

I did that earlier but people wanted it back. And It is possible to jump over stuff like opponents bananas.

Jman said:
If I take out the soc then you'll lose the feel of driving.

What? There is no "feel of driving." There is only control and the-lack-of-it.

Jman said:
You do know the point of this mod is to play like mario kart in my own crazy way so if I take out the weapons it will loses it's point and it will not be mad fun online even if your playing with 8 people.

It wasn't fun before. The soundFX is a n00b magnet online, and the match maps fail. This shold only be a race mod.

Jman said:
And if you play mario kart all the levels are made for no jumping...

This is SRB2, not Mario Cart. I think you forgot.

Jman said:
If I take out the characters then how can I call this karting.

The characters are too ugly to believe. Not to mention how little frames they have. People are better-off using other characters.

Jman said:
This mod is totally focus on multiplayer fun.

Don't use colored text when you can avoid it.

Thats why alot of people like this mod because of all that stuff, if I took that stuff out people wouldn't like it and people mostly love the characters.

People like this mod mostly cuz it doesn't play like srb2.
uh the most main reason of a mod is not to play like the game thats being modded. :roll:

on Edge said:
Jman said:
If I take out the characters then how can I call this karting.

The characters are too ugly to believe. Not to mention how little frames they have. People are better-off using other characters.

If he took the characters and the soc out, it would just be another thokfest.

I mean if you complain about the driving why not just turn kartoff duh... I mean have you even played online with this.

Running socs affects everyone. Aka, only the host can change gears, and in so doing, changes everyone else's gears.

Gear change fails.

Dude, stop complaining. This mod doesn't have all the problems that you say it has. It's original, and if he took all of the originality out of it what would it be? People want more than SRB2. Changing SRB2 to make it look like an entirely different game is true genius. And that is exactly what J-man did.

To J-man: Dude, don't remove anything else. This is just fine as it is. If you change anything make it be Kirby's attack.

on Edge said:
2) J-city needs to be scraped.
I agree on this one. I don't really think you should make the players use their karts to pick a level.
on Edge said:
3) Wepons should be removed.
This should not be done. If you never played Mario Kart, then you don't know why the weapons are in this mod, since that is what they are based off of.
on Edge said:
4) Charatcers should be removed.
Why should they? With out the characters, there is no driving, and no driving means that this mod won't work like it should.
on Edge said:
6) Levels should be on level select.
Again, this is basicly part of #2, I'd rather have to pick the levels or type in the console the map# instead of wanting to drive to a spot in the map.
on Edge said:
7) If jumping is back, take out all the levels you edited for no jumping, and add some obstacles to the few origional maps.
Mario Kart never had much of a reason to use jumping, but jumping is mainly to jump over bannana peals dropped by others.
on Edge said:
8) Rainbow Road needs to be fixed.
Yes, Rainbow Road does need to be fixed, mainly because of the bad spring useage in this level. It should be at yellow spring or something, instead of red spring, or make the track bigger.

Not showing the lvls on the select was actually something I keep forgetting to do since the first time I released it. Rainbow road doesnt have any red springs?

Jman said:
Not showing the lvls on the select was actually something I keep forgetting to do since the first time I released it. Rainbow road doesnt have any red springs?
Why is that a question? Of course Rainbow Road has red springs in it!

But it's the software bugs that mess it up

"OK then... About to go down this road...wait...WTF? Why did I go through the floor!"

See what I mean?

on Edge said:
4) Charatcers should be removed.
Vash said:
Why should they? With out the characters, there is no driving, and no driving means that this mod won't work like it should.

Because each character only has 5 frames. That's worse than the riders characters.

on Edge said:
7) If jumping is back, take out all the levels you edited for no jumping, and add some obstacles to the few origional maps.
Vash said:
Mario Kart never had much of a reason to use jumping, but jumping is mainly to jump over bannana peals dropped by others.

Jumping and jump-obstacles should be back because we're Sonic fans, and Sonic is all about jumping.

And if you don't like Sonic and co, what are you doing here?

on Edge said:
Running socs affects everyone. Aka, only the host can change gears, and in so doing, changes everyone else's gears.

Gear change fails.
Not if you do it the way I mentioned earlier. Although probably not in this topic.

NeoJames said:
But it's the software bugs that mess it up

"OK then... About to go down this road...wait...WTF? Why did I go through the floor!"

See what I mean?
The only bug is a broken linedef >_>

on Edge said:
Jumping and jump-obstacles should be back because we're Sonic fans, and Sonic is all about jumping.
Yes, but the jumping isn't part of Mario Kart, and the jump height isn't that high.

on Edge said:
And if you don't like Sonic and co, what are you doing here?
Uh.. no, I do like Sonic and co, else I wouldn't be here in the first place, most likely.

Whoa the kartspeed is only to customize gameplay not for changing gears. Like if your tired of playing at that speed you can change it or if your tired of karting you just turn it off.

I like sonic. And when I make a mod my main focus is to stray it away from srb2 gameplay, I mean why make a mod that still plays like the game itself, thats boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back