A question concerning DB2...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lat'

Absolute territory where
Kart Krew™️
Hmhm, all is in the tile, here it is...

Can I make the DoomBuilder keep lowercase letters lumps when saving?
Because it's frustrating having DUMBPLACEHOLDER turning into a signpost and a health icon, seriously. And if that matters, I'm using the SRB2 DB2, the one you can download somewhere in the forums.

Thanks in advice.

I would assume so considering that the only lumps Doombuilder 2 affects are all map releated.

Nope, when DB2 saves, it also saves all lowercase lumps (in this case for a characater) in uppercase ones, not only maps are affected.
Try by yourself if you don't trust me.

There is no way to make DB2 or SRB2DB2 accept lowercase lumps; it will always auto capitalize lumps in your wad. What you could do is have the graphics stuff as an extra wad. I think there is even way to do an addfile in a maincfg if I remember correctly. Once you are done, you can merge it all in one wad.

Alright I'll give it a try then.
Btw thanks for awnsering.

- I think there is even way to do an addfile in a maincfg if I remember correctly. -
Yup. A sort of "execute this file when this Wad is loaded". Of course, it requires one to for example make "ExtraFiles.wad", "ExtraFiles.cfg" (containing "AddFile ExtraFiles.wad"), and then set the MainCfg to execute the "ExtraFiles.cfg" thing. And one'd need to make sure people both have "ExtraFiles.cfg" and "ExtraFiles.wad" in the base directory of Sonic Robo Blast 2, unless one'd merge the two files together once done.

Basically, not really worth it at all.

You could try editing your map with the newer SRB2 Workbench. Not sure if it fixes that problem or not, but it has official v2.1 support, and may be more easier to edit WADs.

Well I don't think I will ever switch from db2 to any other editing programm as I got used of it. Anyway the fix is as simple as having an external file for storing concerned frames, and then copypaste them in the full file when I'm done with the level.
Even tough it's still annoying to have to do it :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back