Unreal Tournament 2004 is $3.74 on Steam, gogogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eidolon

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Deal is over, back up to $7.50. Still 50% off though.

Server information

If you have a reasonably recent computer you should be able to play it fine. It's loads of fun and I highly recommend it to anyone.

Steam Store page

I'm the Minecraft server admin (right now) so if you've ever played there, you will probably recognize me. I've been around the community for a very long time but I don't really post on the forums as often anymore, I mostly just hang around the IRC channels.

If the server does go up, I will probably configure it for a rotation of Deathmatch maps depending on player preferences.

System Requirements:
Processor: Pentium III 1.0 GHz or AMD Athlon 1.0 GHz or faster (Pentium® or AMD 1.2GHz or greater recommended)
Memory: 128MB RAM (256MB RAM or greater recommended)
Graphics: 32 MB video card required (64 MB NVIDIA or ATI hardware T&L card recommended)
Sound: Windows-compatible sound card
DirectX: DirectX 9.0b
Hard Disk Space: 5.5 GB Free
Multiplayer: Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported. Internet play requires a 33.6 kbps or faster modem (broadband recommended)

Description from Steam:
Unreal Tournament 2004 is a multiplayer first person shooter that combines the kill-or-be-killed experience of gladiatorial combat with cutting-edge technology. Ten game modes - both team-based and "every man for himself" -- provide even the most hardcore gamer with palm-sweating challenges through unbelievably detailed indoor arenas and vast outdoor environments. As the ultimate techno-gladiator of the future, players will take their fates into their hands, battling against up to 32 other players online in action-packed, frag-filled arenas.

If you've played and liked Skulltag, Quake, Half-Life Deathmatch, Nexuiz, etc, you'll enjoy this.

Last edited:
My body and steam account are ready. Looking forward to this if it does go ahead, it's been a long time since I played a good UT2004 match.

The 2/2 FPS I like on the planet (The first one being TF2). I, as a FPS hater, actually love this game and recommend it to everyone. I used to play the demo loads (There is a demo on the internet, or maybe on the steam store page somewhere.). It's done what other FPS games don't and it uses a lot of imagination rather than trying to make everything realistic (read: you're deaf after a grenade lands near you). Thank you for the gift Jood, I can't wait to play it after all those years.

Sort of off-topic, but why haven't we had a Steam Summer Sale thread yet?

It would be easier to just start a topic about the sale in general, rather than making separate topics about each game that is involved in the sale.

Last edited:
There's also the more Doom-esque Unreal Tournament '99. That's not to say UT2004 is terrible, but... It's just not quite there with UT99.

Also, It's sprung now. Only $7.49, though. Or there's UT99 for a mere $5

Last edited:
The server is live at server.srb2.org:7777

You can follow the following link if you have a regular UT2004 installation, this doesn't work with the steam install:

ut2004://srb2.org/

You can add the server to your Favorites, but currently the information doesn't come up correctly (it just shows up as Unknown Server).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back