A Error Loading Srb2 I can't seem to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

*BlueSpeed9*

is eternally offline.
I'm seeing this strange error on Srb2 when I started loading it up.My game somehow stopped responding after I put a long message in the console,and when I tried to start up the game again,I saw this:

*SetCooperativeLevel FAILED:An attempt was made to set the cooperative level when it was already set to exclusive.*

This is the same error I get when i open two Srb2s at once.I tried reinstalling the game from the site,but once I tried again,it still had the same error.I even used that Srb2Src.exe inside the folder,No luck.Not even the launcher worked.

If ANYONE knows the solution to this error,please tell me.I am afraid I may not be able to even open the exe again.

Thank you for reading this.
-BS9-

I usually get that error when I open up 2 Srb2's. Then I close the second srb2 and the problem is solved, but this, I have no idea what to do for this.

EDIT: For some reason it works now.I guess for some reason it stopped working. Now it works again. I used the launcher this time,the thing that I did this time was turn OpenGL on.That apparently worked.

Anyways,I'm going to see what mode I used that it doesn't work in. If it doesn't work unless in OpenGL,that's fine with me,because i like OpenGL mode. :P

So I guess we can call this case closed. Annoying start, happy ending!
This SAME thing happened to me a lot. But it was the error when my srb2.srb got corrupted. Happened on my old CPU I really hated it. It was really annoying to me. It doesn't happen anymore because I'm using another one for now on. Way more faster too. But, it just might be the reason that SRB2 needs a break sometimes. =/

Ok,So I guess i'm not the only one who encountered this..
Apparently,i AM forced to use OpenGL. Because that crash happens when i open the game in non-OpenGL (Software mode) even with the launcher.

In short,the only way I am able to open and play the game is if I open the launcher and checkmark the OpenGL checkmarker then run the game.

Now one more thing to solve.... how will I be able to open it in software mode again?

Ok,So I guess i'm not the only one who encountered this..
Apparently,i AM forced to use OpenGL. Because that crash happens when i open the game in non-OpenGL (Software mode) even with the launcher.

In short,the only way I am able to open and play the game is if I open the launcher and checkmark the OpenGL checkmarker then run the game.

Now one more thing to solve.... how will I be able to open it in software mode again?
Have you replaced any important files with new ones? Or old, (A.K.A SRB2 Demo Files)

I redownloaded the game from the Main Mirror on the website.When i DLed it it came with these files (Try to see if anything is missing).
A: All the .plr files. sonic.plr,tails.plr,and knux.plr
B:music.dta,zones.dta,soar.dta and drill.dta
C:the srb2.srb,and the srb2win.exe itself,plus the Srb2Src extracter (which i used and the files are in the srb2 folder).
D:fmod.dll,r_opengl.dll, and rings.wpn
and finally E: SOCEdit.exe and config.cfg.

This is all that came with it,right? If so,then either one of the files is corrupted, or something weird is going on that I don't know.

Was there a time you downloaded a new file, like a wad, you opened SRB2win.exe then it did that error?

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

Another problem is that you might have to reset the computer if you didn't. This sometimes helps. A LOT.

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

Another question. Which message did you use in the console that was very big?

That means you were SIGSERVED. So just try to reset your computer, and it might work.
|BTW. This happened to me once. Here's a little thing for SRB2 that you should know. 'Don't make your csays too big. You WILL crash.'|

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

And you should divide your csays so that it doesn't crash. Even for a big one like that. o_0

Ah the old [SetCooperativeLevel FAILED] problem.

My old friend name mario use to play this all the time had this problem to.

I found out what made the problem.

If you added new ram into your PC at anytime you get this problem at random times.

Just restart your PC and hope it will start up.

The next thing is to set your PC resolution to 1024/768 then it will fix your problem.

That what I had to do to fix my very same problem ones.

Oh and do [Ctrl-Alt-Delete] and look in processes.

And look for SRB2win.exe and click End Process.

That will remove the one that wont show up on your PC and then restart SRB2 and it will load up again.

I hope that will fix your problems guys.

Ok then,I will try that out and hope it works.

Thanks for the help Aries.

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Yay! It worked! *cheers in delight*
Thanks for the help, FireBat and Aries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back