• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

2d cartoon Pikachu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guitarplaya

This is my second wad, it's NOT recolor, and it's NOT from a sprite sheet.

Pics:
pikaa1fo9.png

pikaa2a8oe1.png

pikaa3a7vl7.png

pikaa4a6ga4.png

pikaa5ea7.png

OK how's this:

pikaa1zy4.png

pikaa4a6pw0.png

Also:
pikacharzg4.png
(PIKACHAR)
pikalifedl7.png
(PIKALIFE)

EDIT: OH NO! I got the signal handler() segment violation error when I put the cursor over pikachu in the menu! How do I fix it now?

Hm....

1) Put it in the pallet?
2) Shading. It's very important, and if you don't know why, lurk moar. There have been several recent topics about it, including my own help topic. Before. After.
3) Size. Test some sprites in-game, or next to the Sonic sprite. I cannot stress how important this is.

If you're going to try to make him "paper-y", the least you could do would be to make him at least look like Pikachu. On paper. A good example of what I'm thinking of is Paper Mario (Google is your friend), although I realize that Paper Mario is incredibly different from real mario in terms of design concept.

1) Doesn't look liek pikachu..
2) "Joke" wads are frowned upon. (especially the ones that aren't funny)
3) BAD

Guitarplaya said:
it's NOT recolor, and it's NOT from a sprite sheet.

We can see that. :P

First off, add shading so it at least looks half decent.

Second, don't MSPaint. Draw the sprites and scan them, or use a more sophisticated program.

Guitarplaya said:
EDIT: OH NO! I got the signal handler() segment violation error when I put the cursor over pikachu in the menu! How do I fix it now?
I'm gonna regret this. You have to set PIKACHAR to an offset of 0,0.

zck2020 said:
That looks awesome, I must say.

In other notations, this really needs a lot of work. There's 2d cartoon pikachu and then there's this. I'd be more specific, but everything has been said.

Warpshade said:
zck2020 said:
That looks awesome, I must say.

In other notations, this really needs a lot of work. There's 2d cartoon pikachu and then there's this. I'd be more specific, but everything has been said.
It's also quite hilarious, what with the "Kersplode!" and the "Dun, Dun, Dun, Doo Da Dun, Doo Da Dun."

That's why it's awesome.

Anyway, you don't have to stop working on it, just change it to look decent.

zck2020 said:
GCFreak said:
Second, don't MSPaint. Draw the sprites and scan them, or use a more sophisticated program.
Oh rly? I use MS-Paint for all my spriting.

*pics*

i use MS-Paint for all my spriting too, and pickachu dosent have stripes on the fron of his belly, i MIGHT give you hand, a 1/100 chance i MIGHT give you a hand
EDIT: here's you SMALL hand, im not doing anymore though
pikaa1fo9xd8.png

moar=more.
lurk means to you know hang around?

He means you need to just sit back and read more topics in the forum because if you did "lurk moar" you'd probably have noticed the topics he spoke of and therefor would probably know moar about shading thus have a better sprite.

EDIT. Yays for freebies. I know it's supposed to be 2d but at least make it resemble Pikachu instead of some generic Tomagotchi :P

Meh looks like crap but there's limited shading and I didn't put much effort into it so yeah I know it sucks. Lol, the eyes look the best.

pikalawl.jpg

I could care less if you use this for something but if you do give me credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back