Forum Rules Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
FuriousFox said:
Also, no flaming, Sonow Hakura.

Um... I mean no disrespect, but I don't see why you pointed out that Sonow was flaming after what Crazyhedgehog was yelling. Also, I don't think anyone will eventually find this a strict place if they think about the fact that if they make the forum, they can set the rules. Sadly, most people only join the message board to look at the editing and releases, so I doubt this will stop most of the spam problem.

And Crazy, I doubt that if an old man died from smoking in like... New york or somewhere, you'd be crying your eyes out saying you knew him so well. You were talking about the rules so much, but wouldn't what you posted be backseat moderating?

sasuketo uzuchihamaki said:
FuriousFox said:
Also, no flaming, Sonow Hakura.

Um... I mean no disrespect, but I don't see why you pointed out that Sonow was flaming after what Crazyhedgehog was yelling.

Crazy wasn't yelling, and Sonow was actually flaming. Crazy obviously showed irritance towards Sonow, but it was Sonow that called him an idiot and backseat moderator, and also told him in a demanding way to shut up.

In short, I can see perfectly why FF told him that and not Crazy.

"I hate you" is not a flame.
"You suck" is a flame.

The difference is simple. If I don't like someone, saying so is a perfectly acceptable statement which is absolutely true. In fact, it's almost brutally honest.

However, if I say that they sleep with random barnyard animals, I'm not really saying anything, except attempting to insult the person I dislike. That doesn't accomplish ANYTHING, and is strictly against the forum rules.

Mystic, I don't like you.

I'm just joking, back to the topic. More rules means a more ordered forum, and while it also means that we don't get to mess around as much, atleast we don't have to deal with the things that are being banned.

All in all, more rules= happier forum.

Mystic said:
However, if I say that they sleep with random barnyard animals, I'm not really saying anything, except attempting to insult the person I dislike. That doesn't accomplish ANYTHING, and is strictly against the forum rules.

How the hell do you come up with these examples?

Ok, I admit that I went a little too far, but crazy deserved the suspension just as bad as I did, because as far as I know backseat modderation is against the rules. I was suspended about two months ago for it. Right Mystic? And no, that wasn't random flaming, I gave my opinion about crazy even more viciously than he did to me, I stated why he deserved what I said, not random flaming. If I were using random flames I would be saying "Well... Your stupid and need to die!" or as he recently sent me in a PM " Just go away you dang noob" So if what I said was to be considered flaming then he deserved the ban just as well.

Sonow, this is not elementary school. "He started it" is not, and will never be, a legitimate excuse. If someone is truly harassing you, the correct course of action would be to find an authority, in this case, any of the administrators, and explain what is going on. If someone is breaking the rules, contact an administrator and explain your case. Do not flame the person, and don't post about them breaking the rules on the forums. Private messages and IRC are great ways to contact the administrators of this forum. Vigilantism is not acceptable and will be met with a swift ban. Do I need to go further and explain playground etiquette, or do you think you have that?

You crossed the line. You got banned. Deal with it.

I never stated that he started it, I just said that it didn't seem logical if I get banned and he doesn't besides that was just as much flaming as I did, except I didn't resort to cursing. And as I said before, is it right that i'm the only one on this forum who has gotten suspended for backseat moderation? I see it alot and no one else seems to notice.

Well, ya see, Crazy didn't get banned for 2 reasons.

1: He has a avatar with Mystic's character in it. The avatar also shows that he is a badass moderator in the same terms as the Nazi fuhrer crap on April fools.
2: He shows a slightly grammar than you do. No, your grammar is already good, but that of him still prevails. He also showed more resemblance to the admins here, and I bet Mystic-tachi probably like him more than you do because of that.

Anyways, now serious. You were both wrong, for sure. Saying "I hate you" might not be a flame, but its wrong. Those kinda things often lead to flame fights, or people will make groups and the largest group that hates the person wins. That makes the hated person "sad", if I should say it in a way even a little kid thats 4 years old understands, and often makes him/her leave everything related to SRB2, even though there are good people between. If its not that, it will probably lead to a heavy serious flame fight. "I hate you" is just as wrong as "you suck", if not worse. Only people who can really stand that or ignore it will come trough it. Why? Because some people come to team up with that guy that says "I hate you". If he says "You suck" it'll sound n00bish or newbie-ish, and nobody will team up on him, except for other n00bs. And since smart people never take n00bs seriously, it will get ignored.

Both of you two should've been banned in this case. Crazyhedgehog reminds me a whole damn lot of Bigboi, who was wrong too, no matter how pro he might've sounded to the admins. His ban was well-deserved, and if he was like that from the beginning, I'm wondering how he got about 4000 posts here. If he really was like that in the beginning, something would really be wrong to the admins. Mystic can talk like a god sometimes, but indeed, like I'll begin mentioned, he isn't. He makes mistakes. If two both Omega(or whoever) and a random new n00b called ultimate_sonails_71020 both started spamming. Omega spams just as bad and much as the ultimate_sonails_71020, who would get banned first? I'll betcha it'd be the n00b, purely because Omega is a old member of the forums.

No, Sonow Hakura flamed, but crazyhedgehog didn't. As far as I know, the definition of flaming is calling other people names of giving hostile threats. Now, lets compare the two posts:

crazyhedgehog said:
Uh... I don't know if this needs to be HAMMERED INTO YOUR SKULL, but if you don't care about the rules or those who enforce them, then
We.
Do.
Not.
Want.
You.
Here.

Get it, Sonow? Mods and Admins set rules. You follow those rules or we will, as it says in the description of the Rules forum "BAN YOU WITHOUT REMORSE".

What'd we learn? Follow the set rules without question, damnit.
Sonow Hakura said:
Oh, I'm sorry Mr. Moderator wannabe, I have no problem with the current rules. I said that it may get worse, get your facts straight before you start being a moron and you aren't a moderator, so don't use pronouns such as we. If I had a problem with the rules then I would either be banned or I would have stopped coming here. Now I suggest you shut your mouth, leave this topic, and end this debate now Crazyhedgehog. If you want to continue this take care of it in the PMs. Or you can be an absolute moron and continue it here and get us both suspended for flaming, because I have much more I want to say to you but I can't post it here.
Nowhere in crazyhedgehog's post does he call Sonow Hakura anything, though some people may interpret the sentence "You follow those rules or we will, as it says in the description of the Rules forum 'BAN YOU WITHOUT REMORSE'." as a threat (though I really just see it as him stating what has already been stated in the descriptions for both the Announcements and Rules forums). However, in Sonow Hakura's post, he calls crazyhedgehog a moron twice, then tells him to shut his mouth and leave the topic.

crazyhedgehog was mainly just trying to get others to understand why we made the rules changes; while Sonow Hakura replied with a post full of flames and commands. Now, can we PLEASE put to rest all of this crap about corrupt mods and stuff? We're just doing our jobs.

I think there should be like a report post button like most of the bigger forums do.

Positives about this:
This will reduce the work the admins have to do to look through posts.
Allows the members to help the mods by pointing out specific rule breaking posts.
Even if people abuse it the mods will beable to punish the person. (since it tells the admins who reported the post)

Negatives:
People will abuse it.
People wont use it because they are afraid that the person they reported will find out who reported them. (even though the admins will leave the person who reported the post ananomous<-(hopefully you can figure out what I tried to spell))

Well these are just things i have seen on other forums that work rather well take them or leave them its fine with me.

About the forums games rule thats the first time I have heard a rule against them since forums games are generally allowed on forums.

Super mystic sonic said:
Well, ya see, Crazy didn't get banned for 2 reasons.

1: He has a avatar with Mystic's character in it. The avatar also shows that he is a badass moderator in the same terms as the Nazi fuhrer crap on April fools.
2: He shows a slightly grammar than you do. No, your grammar is already good, but that of him still prevails. He also showed more resemblance to the admins here, and I bet Mystic-tachi probably like him more than you do because of that.

Anyways, now serious. You were both wrong, for sure. Saying "I hate you" might not be a flame, but its wrong. Those kinda things often lead to flame fights, or people will make groups and the largest group that hates the person wins. That makes the hated person "sad", if I should say it in a way even a little kid thats 4 years old understands, and often makes him/her leave everything related to SRB2, even though there are good people between. If its not that, it will probably lead to a heavy serious flame fight. "I hate you" is just as wrong as "you suck", if not worse. Only people who can really stand that or ignore it will come trough it. Why? Because some people come to team up with that guy that says "I hate you". If he says "You suck" it'll sound n00bish or newbie-ish, and nobody will team up on him, except for other n00bs. And since smart people never take n00bs seriously, it will get ignored.

Both of you two should've been banned in this case. Crazyhedgehog reminds me a whole damn lot of Bigboi, who was wrong too, no matter how pro he might've sounded to the admins. His ban was well-deserved, and if he was like that from the beginning, I'm wondering how he got about 4000 posts here. If he really was like that in the beginning, something would really be wrong to the admins. Mystic can talk like a god sometimes, but indeed, like I'll begin mentioned, he isn't. He makes mistakes. If two both Omega(or whoever) and a random new n00b called ultimate_sonails_71020 both started spamming. Omega spams just as bad and much as the ultimate_sonails_71020, who would get banned first? I'll betcha it'd be the n00b, purely because Omega is a old member of the forums.
I honestly agree with this post. I'm not complaining about my ban, it was the fact that he wasn't banned.

FuriousFox said:
crazyhedgehog was mainly just trying to get others to understand why we made the rules changes

Thats why I got my first ban. It was for backseat moderation, another reason he should have been banned. I have nothing against you, but if you didn't ban him because you like him better then just say it.

Okay, they won't say it, because it didn't happen.

Honestly, in all my years here I've never seen the mods show a single bit of favoritism. Why would they start now? Just stop complaining about it, it's over, it's done. What's the big deal?

Well, let's put it this way, Sonow, since you don't seem to get it:

Life's not fair.

While we try to be as fair as possible to the entirety of the forums, that, of course, is completely impossible. Deal with it.

Maybe he got away with murder. Oh well. We don't go back in time and ban people retroactively here except for very extraordinary circumstances, which this is certainly not one of. This is, of course, to be as fair as we possibly can, preventing situations like "Oh, we just noticed this week-old post of yours, and you really should have been banned for it, so we'll ban you now."

You got banned. He didn't. That happened, as far as I can tell, almost 2 weeks ago. Get over it. Life sucks, and then you get banned from an internet forum. It happens. However, all you're accomplishing with this is making me very interested in banning you AGAIN, which I'm pretty sure is not your intent.

And just what rule would I be breaking? You guys say you want justice on this forum? Serve it right, or else you all these rules shall be made in vain.

The Rules said:
12. The administrators are charged with maintaining order on the board using their own discretion. They are granted authority to do whatever they feel is necessary to accomplish this. If you don't like it, don't come back...
This kind of crap is disruptive to forum activities, and honestly, I don't NEED a reason to ban you. This kind of arrogant "I know better than you how you should operate your forums, so do as I say" talk, frankly, pisses me off, and last I checked, as the owner of this forum, I technically don't need a REASON to ban you. I even conveniently wrote rule 12 to spell it out completely. Don't tell me how to operate this forum. That's my job, and if you feel so completely compelled to tell me otherwise, I can show you the door.

"Justice" is not a witch hunt. I prefer guilty people to get off without a scratch than innocent people charged wrongly, and I will not adjust my policy to get someone who happened to get off.

Deal with it. That's my final statement on the matter.

Fine, this has gotten out of control because of my doing, I try to explain myself and all of a sudden I am "trying to control the forum" . I never said that, all I said was that if justice is to be served it should be served right or else what is the point of all these rule changes if they are not to be enforced? But thats just my opinion, you don't have to take it, if it is that annoying then i'll just stop posting in this topic, I just wanted to get my opinions in. Nothing wrong with that is there? Now I apologize for any trouble I might have caused, and Mystic, as much as I hate to put my pride aside (and trust me, not many people can make me do that since I am one of te more stubborn members here), I am sorry for trying to tell you how to do your job. Now can we all just put this topic out of our lives please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back